The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

OEM Gasket Material

sixsixtwo

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows what kind of material OEM Mitsubishi gaskets are made of? I'm talking about the speckled green looking material. Also, does anyone know where I could purchase similar or equivalent gasket material in bulk? Thanks in advance.

H05TYL

Sorry I've no idea.

I do know that I've always just used regular old gasket paper, or simply a tube of silicon sealant.

CutlassJim

I' don't think you can get that exact material in sheet form but they do make comparable stuff if you need to whip up a custom gasket. Like it was said though a LOT of gaskets can be replaced with some gray RTV.

Try this place.

click

sixsixtwo

Just to clarify, I'm not trying to make off a one-off gasket that RTV or normal parts store material could work for. I'm hoping to get a considerable quantity of gaskets made, and just need to find a material that is similar enough to the OEM material. Can anyone confirm that the material is in fact rubberized asbestos? Is there a good place to purchase this material?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned