The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Steering wheel options and opinions. Please post pics!!!

coyotes

I dunno about you guys but I like my stock wheel just fine? Maybe I'm an idiot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

In one of my S13s back in the day I had a super nice Personal wheel, if I ever got an aftermarket wheel I'd get one of these. I'm really picky and don't like oblong shaped wheels or ones with contoured hand grips. Even the one on this wheel was too big in my opinion. I just like simple round wheels with suede.

manikbastrd

I don't particularly dislike the stock wheel, but I like the thickness of the one on my Boss, and I also like the suede. I also can't stand oblong wheels...it seems cheesy and I never felt like it did anything good for the feel.

Thanks for all the helpful posts though guys!!!

GSTwithPSI

Quoting coyotes:
I dunno about you guys but I like my stock wheel just fine? Maybe I'm an idiot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

In one of my S13s back in the day I had a super nice Personal wheel, if I ever got an aftermarket wheel I'd get one of these. I'm really picky and don't like oblong shaped wheels or ones with contoured hand grips. Even the one on this wheel was too big in my opinion. I just like simple round wheels with suede.

I have the same Personal wheel in 1837, courtesy of the Anthony the PO. Mine is wrapped in leather instead of suede though. Got the matching shift knob as well.

bobdole

l2kr.jpg

diambo4life

Quoting BluFalcon:
521_Interior.jpg

MOMO Competition Wheel. I had a MOMO Tuner wheel in it for a long time, but installed this one when I parted my old Talon out. It looks great, and feels a ton better than the stock wheel.

I have a MOMO like that one in my VR4. Feels a little too small for me though. I will put up a pic later.

turbowop

I have a Momo Champion. The top used to be covered with suede, but over the years, driving without gloves wore it down. Still a nice wheel.

945215bb473616b.jpg

4Grim

I have a OMP wheel...quality and feel is awsome.
20140420_115740_zpstllt4gna.jpg

cupajoe

Monte Carlo 350mm Black/black

Last edited:

ade

380mm momo domo

temporary-36.jpg

mitsuturbo

Quoting manikbastrd:
These are the few that i am looking at right now...
MOMO
Sparco
OMP
and of course...
Nardi

Don't know if I want to go with a true racing inspired wheel with a 12 o'clock stripe though...that would really kill the sleeper look I am going for.

Thoughts???

Out of the links you posted, I only looked at the sparco, but i would advise against a fully suede wheel for no other reason that all the threads i've read about them wearing poorly. I went with the Sparco L-505 and couldn't be happier. This has enough non suede area where i don't have to be wiping my nasty human hand oils and funk all over the part that may or may not wear poorly. I expect this should last a good long while, as i tend to drive primarily with my thumbs in the designated resting area for them.

manikbastrd

That's a great point Mitsuturbo, the suede on my other car has definitely gotten a little gross from daily driving. I will definitely consider that when I pick a new wheel.

Thanks!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned