The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New problem

Unfortunately I know the feeling /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif 1947 Had the leaking problem. I bought replacement lines and had a shop fix it.

twonineseven

I could care less about the 4ws... didnt have it on 297 so I dont feel like i'm missing out on much. Just looking to find the location to plug the non pressurized lines.

There's a post I've read here about this somewhere(try the search function/v-FAQ) But I think there two lines at the front rack that go to the rear that get plugged, and two on the rear rack also. Then the one of the one off the pump itself under the hood. Dont quote me on this though, it's been a while since I read this. Not to mention, Ptiemers disease affects the memory /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

twonineseven

Yea I looked on Vfaq it has the upgrade from 3 bolt to 4 bolt but no 4ws delete/block. I have the next 2 days off to figure it out hopefully I'll be able to get it done. I jusr dont want to make the mistake of getting the pressure lines and then messing it all up.

AnotherNewb

Where those 2 rubber lines connect to the hard lines attached to the front rack is where you need to cap them off at. You can use this or simply weld the lines shut if you plan on deleting the 4ws.

twonineseven

Well i got under her today and i think i found where the problem is and its the actual metal line.

I'm just going to have it towed to Mitsu and have them take care of this. I cant waste my time doing it myself on the ground and miss more work.

twonineseven

Ha looks like mitsu cant do the maintenance on the car because the part does not exist anymore. so it looks like i'm going to be deleting the whole 4WS in its self.

AnotherNewb

Those lines are not pressurized. They send a fluid pulse to the rear rack. The rear rack receives its pressure via its own diff driven pump.

Rotted lines suck but a little cursing and you will figure out a way to block them off before the leak.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned