The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New Owner of 1837/2000

Brett Adams' Galant VR-4

coyotes

-wrap looks great, did you get it at the parts store? I want to wrap my pipe right there too, it gets really hot. You can wrap my hot pipe any time Brett.

-I love those cali plates. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif and I had that same personal wheel in my last s13. loved it. and I never noticed your red needles, kinda interesting. you use the red or green tint in your cluster at night?

turbohf

wow, looks great.

i cant get over the magnus intake manifold and stock intake arm. lol.

GSTwithPSI

Yeah, funny story about the wrap. I actually got it a Pep Boys. I was looking everywhere online for somewhere to order it without paying out the ass. I stumbled across it on Pep Boys' website where it showed in stock at my local store. I called them up and sure as sh*t, they had it. It was like $22 bucks for 15 feet. As far as wrapping your hot pipe, IDK man. If Craig found out I was taking potential dudes from him on the .Org, he might get upset. *Waits to see how long it takes for Craig to enter*

I use the green cluster at night. I have a pic of it posted up a million pictures or so back... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Last edited:

coyotes

as far as posting tons of pictures, who cares. it's your car in your own thread. No one has to click on your thread if they don't want to. look at mine, I'm on page 17 and all i do is post pictures and whine and gripe and ask stupid questions. my car is still pretty much stock. it's mostly just a thread for me to talk to myself.

GSTwithPSI

Quoting turbohf:
wow, looks great.

i cant get over the magnus intake manifold and stock intake arm. lol.

That's to trick Ja Rule when he pops my hood at race wars, bro.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Classy rally styles.

CIMG0038.JPG

.... meaning, you don't have to wear a helmet on the way to dinner with the wife and kids.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Lookin' good!

Last edited:

turbohf

Quoting coyotes:
as far as posting tons of pictures, who cares. it's your car in your own thread. No one has to click on your thread if they don't want to. look at mine, I'm on page 17 and all i do is post pictures and whine and gripe and ask stupid questions. my car is still pretty much stock. it's mostly just a thread for me to talk to myself.

this is true. sounds like most my build threads. lol.

turbowop

Nobody gives a sh*t if you post eleventeen million pics in your own thread. We gave Mike sh*t because he kept posting pics of his car in other people's intro threads and such, with the quote "this is my car, in case you haven't seen it yet". Hence the memes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

GSX_TC

Lol it's def a conversation starter haha

GSX_TC

Here come the memes! Haha

GSX_TC

Lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

GSTwithPSI

Thanks for all the compliments guys. It's been a long road. I'm finally starting to wrap everything up.

My doglegs were looking pretty rough.
WP_001491.jpg

WP_001492.jpg

Sanded everything down yesterday, and gave it a W09 basecoat:
WP_001495.jpg

Today, I laid down a few coats of clear:
WP_001500.jpg

I got the hood all done as well. I forgot to take some before pictures. Suffice it to say, it looks 100% better than it did before.
WP_001496.jpg

WP_001499.jpg

Spent a few hours ploishing up the heat shield too. It turned out good.
WP_001502.jpg

WP_001504.jpg

Tomorrow after everything is dry, I'll slap it all together. All day Saturday will be spent detailing the car and putting on the finishing touches before the Shootout. I'm currently at about 100 miles on the new motor. I'm going to try and drive the car all next week so I can make sure it is reliable enough to make the 6 hour trip to Ohio.

89Patches

Lol I don't think I'd ever polish the heat shield for my hood, way too lazy for dat.

BTW Congratulations your car is now a big deal /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

GSTwithPSI

Quoting 89Patches:
BTW Congratulations your car is now a big deal /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Thanks, dude.

Quoting faqinshiet:
Oh how are the speakers work out? What do you think of the 4in kickers? Have been thinking about getting a set. Car looks amazing!!

For the money, I couldn't be happier with them. Coupled with my Alpine deck, they sound great. I'm not sure how much of the sound quality can be attributed to the deck, but suffice it to say when paired with a decent head unit, the Kicker speakers seem to perform great. The bass response isn't amazing, but that's to be expected from such a small midrange speaker with no amplification. Although, my Alpine deck does peak up to 60W. Overall, I think they are a great value. Thanks for the kind words!

JamesFoster

Awesome to see how much work you've put into turning this car around. Seeing it go from a beat car with a bunch of nice JDM stuff, to a properly sorted out well put together car is great to see. I love those wheels too.

GSTwithPSI

Quoting JamesFoster :
Awesome to see how much work you've put into turning this car around. Seeing it go from a beat car with a bunch of nice JDM stuff, to a properly sorted out well put together car is great to see. I love those wheels too.

Thanks, James. I really appreciate that. It's nice to have other guys here with clean cars like yours showing encouragement and support.

Well guys, here she is. I haven't detailed it yet, but gave it a quick hand wash which was a vast improvement. It's not spotless, but at least it's 100% together and not JSB. It was a good feeling to step back today, and be able to say I've reached point to where I'm really happy with the car overall.
WP_001514.jpg

WP_001521.jpg

WP_001522.jpg

WP_001509.jpg

WP_001517.jpg

WP_001507.jpg

WP_001516.jpg

WP_001508.jpg

WP_001518.jpg

WP_001511.jpg

WP_001524.jpg

WP_001510.jpg

WP_001519.jpg

WP_001512.jpg

Aaaaaaaand a little before and after:
WP_000185.jpg

WP_001520.jpg

WP_000183.jpg

WP_001515.jpg

WP_000184.jpg

CIMG0024.JPG

I got to drive it around a bit more tonight. I'm at a little over 100 miles on the new motor now. The car is running outstanding. I'm wondering; when should I do my next oil change? I did one at shortly after startup, and then another at about 20 miles.

After I got the car cleaned up a bit, I went for a spin around dusk. I had my low beams on, as well and my fog lights. People kept bright lighting me, so I guess they are a bit too bright for oncoming drivers. I had to shut them down so I wasn't being a dick or blinding other drivers. I'm thinking I could run foggies and not even have to turn on my low beams at all. I meant for them to just be for inclement weather, but I really like the light intensity and brightness they put out. I installed new 55W 2500k H3 fog lamp bulbs in all 4 lights, and they make visibility great at night.

I looks like making it to the Shootout may be a reality! I'll continue to put some more miles on the car toward breaking in the motor. Other than that, there's not much left to do but enjoy the car. It feels pretty good to say that. It's a foreign feeling not to have a list of sh*t to do to the car. It's even more strange not to be JSB. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

badams

Nice car to have a stocky intake.... why don't you upgrade??? Looking good overall!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts

Recent Classifieds Listings