The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New Owner of 1837/2000

Brett Adams' Galant VR-4

turbohf

tell me more about this power window thing. my right front window does the same. no up or down. my right rear only works if the drivers door is shut. so i assume there is a break at the door, and along with you, i dont want to pull that sh*t apart. i just jumper it at the switch with my drill battery if i want it up/down...kinda sucks.

strokin4dr

Quote:
The window wouldn't go up or down using the driver master switch or the passenger window switch, but the motor and switches checked out fine. There's a break in the ground circuit somewhere in the harness between the driver master switch and the connector that leads into the passenger door. I wasn't about to pull the dash apart to find the break, so I ended up just making a new ground circuit at the passenger door. Now the window works fine from the passenger side, but won't work from the driver side until I repair the break.

Mine has the same issue!! I've spent a few hours on diagnosing it. I finally just jumped the ground at the passenger switch to have it working from there. I hate having something on my car not working correctly though. I figured it is most likely a break in the harness at the point of most wear (at the hinge of drivers door). Ive had the door panel off with a volt meter and a probe and still could find the issue. I have 4 master switches too so I know thats not the issue!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Definitely post an update if you find the issue. I'm sure we aren't the only 3 this has happened to.

GSX_TC

Car looks great Brett! So jealous of the new grill! Take more pics of how it looks with the hood closed would ya.

turbohf

Quoting strokin4dr:
Quote:
The window wouldn't go up or down using the driver master switch or the passenger window switch, but the motor and switches checked out fine. There's a break in the ground circuit somewhere in the harness between the driver master switch and the connector that leads into the passenger door. I wasn't about to pull the dash apart to find the break, so I ended up just making a new ground circuit at the passenger door. Now the window works fine from the passenger side, but won't work from the driver side until I repair the break.

Mine has the same issue!! I've spent a few hours on diagnosing it. I finally just jumped the ground at the passenger switch to have it working from there. I hate having something on my car not working correctly though. I figured it is most likely a break in the harness at the point of most wear (at the hinge of drivers door). Ive had the door panel off with a volt meter and a probe and still could find the issue. I have 4 master switches too so I know thats not the issue!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Definitely post an update if you find the issue. I'm sure we aren't the only 3 this has happened to.

forgot about that. i have a master and i think a couple spare passengers also. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

so jumpered ground? sounds like an easy project for today.

GSTwithPSI

I'll start by saying I'm really happy with the car!

I got the throttle body gasket swapped out today, and it seemed to clear up my idle issues. The car idles great now. I still hear a hissing inside the manifold, but I'm thinking the Magnus manifold resonates a bit more than the stocker when air bybasses the BISS? IDK, maybe you guys running the Magnus can chime in. I put the front fender liners back in, and finished up all the other little stuff. I retorqued my lugs, and checked all the fluids. No leaks AT ALL. Honestly, after having so many problems with 1813, I almost expected some sh*t to go wrong. But, so far, so good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. All I really need to do now is throw the hood back on after I decided what I'm going to do to the underside.

I got a little bit of time to go drive the car around a bit. I still really f***ing hate how the diff feels. I can't believe I was looking forward to having a welded diff. Even on moderate inclines, I don't even have to brake at a stop. I just crank the wheel a few degrees and the car is planted. I can hear the front axles bitching the whole time.

While I was out derpin around in the car, I noticed how people kinda freak out when they see a car without a hood. I just drove around the local roads a few miles from my house, and was getting all kinds of crazy looks from people. Some guy in a riced civic stopped me while I was taking a few pics of the car under a bridge. He asked me if I always drove around without a hood because my motor "looked so expensive" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif . He seemed nice enough though, so I bullshitted with him for a while, answering tons of questions he had.

Anyways, the car ran great, and I was ecstatic! I'm looking forward to putting some more miles on her. Per the usual, the Marine Corps fucked me over last minute with a 24 hour duty post tomorrow, so I'm not sure if I'll get to detail the car this weekend.

In the mean time, here's a few crappy cell phone pics of the dirty topless girl before I garaged her up for the night /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

WP_001451.jpg

WP_001444.jpg

WP_001432.jpg

WP_001442.jpg

WP_001446.jpg

WP_001448.jpg

WP_001440.jpg

WP_001445.jpg

coyotes

Looks damn good. I like the fogs now that you have more angles. Haven't seen another setup like it.

Been driving my car around too, feels nice. Here's to not staying JSB forever

turbowop

With the Magnus SMIM you'll definitely notice some more noise when standing there looking at the engine while it's running.

Car looks great. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

89Patches

You started a new trend. I bet you're going to start seeing Honda's with no hoods now.

Now instead of stripping paint to rust body panels you just remove them!

turbohf

I was rocking my civic with no hood first.... of course that was cuz someone stole the OEM hood... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Allangcr7

yeah it's the same car, got confused on where it went to exactly. You wired him the money for the car and he shipped it out.You paid a pretty penny for it from what he told me. Seen one pic he showed me, but on your pics this car looks better than i imagined.

G

Staff member
That socal dream of a rust free car is a mutha. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Looks good though!

GSTwithPSI

Quoting Allangcr7:
yeah it's the same car, got confused on where it went to exactly. You wired him the money for the car and he shipped it out.You paid a pretty penny for it from what he told me. Seen one pic he showed me, but on your pics this car looks better than i imagined.

I don't think I paid a pretty penny. I paid Anthony $8,200 for the car. Count up the change for the JIC coilovers, BBS wheels and all the JDM bullshit that's on it and I think I got a pretty good deal. There's no doubt IMO that he could have sold the car for more, even with a bit of rust. G may not buy it, but there are plenty of other people who would be willing I'm sure. Hell, I paid $1,100 for 1813 when I bought it and sold it for $5,300. These cars are beginning to be worth something in decent condition. I'm curious as to what 1837 is worth in its current condition?

Last edited:

GSTwithPSI

I know I was crying about how exhaust wrap looks like ass and whatever. I suppose I should reconsider my position, as I think wrapping the J-pipe was actually a big improvement aesthetically. I can't believe how good it turned out. I'm actually liking with the way it looks now. I think I like it mostly because I really prefer the look of the specific wrap I got.

So started with this:
WP_001460.jpg

Bought some of this:
WP_001459.jpg

Wrapped it up like this:
WP_001461.jpg

And it looks like this:
CIMG0007.JPG

CIMG0008.JPG

CIMG0006.JPG

I couldn't get a good read on how much it helped. The pipe was still really fuckin hot. You can touch it quickly with your finger, but definitely wouldn't be able to hold it there. It does seem like it is protecting the coupler a bit better though, which is all I wanted to accomplish by wrapping the pipe in the first place. I will say that DEI wrap is some good stuff. It's pretty high quality, and the fibers are super strong. The "Titanium" stuff is also good up to a higher temp than the typical DEI wrap. In addition, you don't have to coat the Titanium stuff with the silicone spray like you do the regular DEI wrap. The titanium wrap comes impregnated with some type of resin that sets when the wrap gets hot. Pretty legit.

I took the car out for a few hours today. SUPER happy with how it is performing. I tweaked the idle a bit, and it's running flawlessly. Still can't get used to the welded diff. I'm seriously considering dropping the trans after the Shootout to swap it out. Other than that, I couldn't be happier with how the car is doing. It feels quick, and I can't wait to get the motor broken in to see what it's capable of.

I took some pictures with a REAL camera today. They turned out way better than the junk ass cell phone pics I've been putting up. The car is still pretty dirty, and will look even better when I get a chance to detail it. I hope nobody is butt hurt because of all the photo dumps in here lately. I'm starting to feel like Mike /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif . I like to upload everything though. I could pick my fav 3 pics or some sh*t, but I don't know what angles look good to others, so I just post it all. I hope you guys don't mind the photo bombs. If I'm getting to rowdy with all the pics, just tell me to pump the brakes before you guys start making memes of me and sh*t /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

PS, I'm in the process of preping the hood for paint, that's why it's not on yet...Well, and because moar JDM f*** points with no hood!

CIMG0015.JPG

CIMG0024.JPG

CIMG0009.JPG

CIMG0026.JPG

CIMG0022.JPG

CIMG0029.JPG

CIMG0049.JPG

CIMG0038.JPG

CIMG0018.JPG

CIMG0033.JPG

CIMG0010.JPG

CIMG0013.JPG

CIMG0021.JPG

CIMG0014.JPG

CIMG0040.JPG

CIMG0019.JPG

CIMG0035.JPG

CIMG0011.JPG

CIMG0034.JPG

CIMG0042.JPG

CIMG0044.JPG

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts

Recent Classifieds Listings