The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New cup holders!!!!

quato

An idea I've been kicking around for a while now is to cut out the little area with the felt below the dash and fit some cup holders in there. They would be pretty secure and you wouldn't have to really worry about spillage too much. I'm really just waiting on a suitable cupholder piece to fit in there before I go cutting up my console.

DDM

Nice job. Does it still go in 1st 3rd and 5th gears' lol

VR_IV_MR

doesn't anyone else put their cups on top of the e-brake wedged between the console and the seat? or between the seatbelt and the seat? works fine for me...

quato

One thing to be careful of with putting your drink on top of the e-brake...if you're using a styrofoam cup (Sonic drinks), make sure you move the drink before you set the brake or you'll have a hole in your cup and drink everywhere! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I learned this the hard way lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

mitsuturbo

I actually like not having any cup holders in my vr4. Nothing without a secure, sealed lid is allowed in the car anyhow, so a cup holder is essentially useless to me.

mitsuturbo

Quoting Gimpin:
Thought I would show everybody my new cupholders that I installed in my galant.

I can see that you really couldn't care less about how filthy or disgusting your interior gets, judging by the BUCKET OF DIRT it appears someone has dumped in your car..

BpuVR4

bottled drinks i slide between my seat and door. I unfortunately do use the armrest cup holder, and have spilled twice all over my shifter due to inconsiderate downtown Chicago drivers/cab drivers cutting me off and stopping in front of me. I love starbucks so i try to use the little stopper they offer or wedge a folded up straw in the opening, but yea, ive been looking for a new cupholder. At least my car stops on a dime for this to be a real problem /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

TomN

Nice mod. Looks like the same cup holders in the early evo's.
Lack of a actual cup holder was one of my only real complaints I had with my galant.
If I ever get another I will definitely do something like this.

James

Why not cut out the bottom of the current cup holders? So the drink will slide down inside.

transparentdsm

because a soda can will fall straight through to the bottom of the center console.. i was driving home today and was trying to figure out what the best solution for cup holders would be..

James

I wouldn't think of leaving a open can of soda unattended in my car haha. It better have a cap or at the very least a lid and straw to get in my car!

I'm sure it wouldn't be to hard to cut the stock one up and mold a deeper seat into the holders.

JNR

They make those adapters if the oem cupholders are too small, so that you can put a large drink there, fwiw.

transparentdsm

i put open cans of seltzer in my cup holder then put the armrest back down and put my arm on it.i dont drink soda really and no one else that comes in my car is allowed to have anything in my car, maybe bottled water. i was thinking about finding something to go in the place of the coin holders and mirror switch, then find somewhere to put the mirror switch.

IncorpoRatedX

I have never had a problem with the stock cup holders....

I dont drink a large enough drink to cause a problem with them, and it doesnt get in my way when shifting.

Nice upgrade but clean your car, jeeze.

GSX_TC

Dam that's alot of sand! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

cheekychimp

Quoting transparentdsm:
because a soda can will fall straight through to the bottom of the center console.. i was driving home today and was trying to figure out what the best solution for cup holders would be..

Cut out the coin tray section under the radio and fit some 1G cup holders underneath it!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned