The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New cup holders!!!!

Gimpin

Thought I would show everybody my new cupholders that I installed in my galant.

It is the stock cup holder out of a 95 galant ... I am going to finish with some ABS plastic to fill in the blank space. They lean back just a little bit but they still hold a drink better than the stock ones that we have. The holder screws right in on the sides where the lower sterieo din used to.

onesickcrx

Sweet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif I hate having my water bottle flying all over the place /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

kartorium

spilling drink on the electronics seems inevitable

Reminds me of the saabs that have cup holders right next to the ignition, just not quite as bad.

My subaru has cup holders near the cd player and I have spilled on it at least twice in the past year. Most of the time it just results in a button that sticks, or a small malfunction, but seems like a retarded design to me.

Last edited:

Gimpin

usually don't do the spirited driving when I have drink in the car ... any my drinks usually have lids

i agree! nice!
cold water bottles + dirt or sand left on the floor = dirty-cold-wet-water bottles.

My dads subaru lagacy wagon has cup holders above all the electronics and the cups are always popping out of them and spilling everywhere!

spoulson

I'll stick with the tried and true method of holding my drink in my left hand/steer, shift with the right/turn signals. It's probably a good thing I don't text and drive.

kartorium

I will admit, if I have my nice coffee mug in the cup holder with its spill proof lid then I don't worry much, but I find for anything else its pretty much pointless and causes more harm than good. Partially because cup holders are never big enough diameter for anything I drink.

broke down

you may want to check out an older nissan maxima cupholder. They had one that worked in the radio slot, but it took up the whole space, it also doubled as a storage bin, if you wanted. I think it was on the early 90's models. Would probably fir our interior nicely.

maroonmetallic

Quoting Gimpin:
Thought I would show everybody my new cupholders that I installed in my galant.
It is the stock cup holder out of a 95 galant ...

If you use the single opening radio trim you can use both the cupholder AND storage pocket from the 94-98 USDM Galant.

-Shawn

Gimpin

the the storage pocket on the single din is too narrow and it tappers in at the back making it even more narrow

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I have one of those lying around the garage too, but never got it installed.

xaisomboun

Holy cow this is JUST what I was looking for! All this time I thought the stock location for the cupholders were pretty dumb..

LIV4PSI

Quoting kartorium:

My subaru has cup holders near the cd player and I have spilled on it at least twice in the past year. Most of the time it just results in a button that sticks, or a small malfunction, but seems like a retarded design to me.

I hate the 02-04 Subaru cup holders that go above the CD player. I bought an 05 console swap just to get rid of it.

ade

worst cup holder is in the 350z, hands down. i like how the op's setup came out, it looks good.

citymunky

That's why you get G35 instead. Tons of cups holders, just at fast.

mitsuturbo

Yeah, except you have to disable the stability control to be enabled to actually drive the car even halfway "spirited" through a turn.

I dont know about the new ones, but the older ones don't have an option to disable the stability control. Friend bought one, and first thing he did to it was remove the ABS fuse so he could drive it, instead of it trying to drive itself.

He bitched about it incessantly. Claiming he should have bought a 350z instead.

JNR

Sort of funny talking about a car and its cupholders; as in buying one or the other because of it...Wasn't all too long ago no cars had cupholders and we did just fine with a double gulp in between your legs, lol. The G35/350Z's are pretty slow, but the newer 3.7 is pretty quick!

unistylef

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gifAwesome! That's better than stock for sure. Has anyone here actually used the stock cup holder while driving?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned