The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

My build/question page

Vr4Ape35

Not really sure how these forums work and I don’t want to flood the front page with all my questions. So I’ll post updates or questions (probably more questions) relating to my car.

So with that being said… with the rear brakes and e brake fixed I finally got the car registered and street legal, and it’s surfacing more problems. I have a pretty bad shake in the rear end when I get up to highway speeds, isn’t correlated to a specific gear or exact speed, just starts coming on when I’m around highway speeds give or take. Everything functions seemingly fine on side streets at lower speeds. I’m going to take it to a shop and make sure the wheels are balanced or get balanced. If it’s not related to the wheels I’m thinking it has to be suspension. My question is where should I look first? I’m pretty sure most of the bushings are shot, but which would be the most likely culprit? Any advice would be appreciated.

Vr4Ape35

Decided I will not ask anymore preemptive questions… believe I found the issue. 2/4 missing, other two finger tight. Replaced when I found it but I’m getting oem replacement bolts since I couldn’t find exact copies at the hardware store.

IMG_8885.jpeg

IMG_8886.jpeg

Vr4Ape35

Would just like to formally claim the shittiest driving gvr4 on this site, the rust and previous workmanship is unmatched. Swapped the starter and dissembled the shifter today. Shifter now has 4 more bushings than it did as I got it. Cleaned and regreased everything. Was missing the bushings for the actual lever and for the arm on the bottom that connects to the left cable. Made a world of a difference with how sloppy the shifter was. Was almost impossible to get into reverse, and 5th wanted to go into 3rd, now not a problem. Who fully dissembles a shifter and reassembles it without replacing the $2 bushings?

Going to install my aftermarket temp guage tomorrow so I don’t have to worry about overheating it on longer drives. Any recommendations on how to snake the wiring from the sensor to the center console? If I already have a gauge using the stereo wiring is there another wire I can steal power from?

IMG_9044.jpeg

IMG_9045.jpeg

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned