The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Leather Shift Boots

Turboman_456

I just picked up a leather shift boot and was preparing to install it
when I noticed that my center console does not come apart in sections
like my WRX console did yes I had one of those too.Anyway is there
another shift boot that can be used in place of the DSM shift boot?
That can be installed without taking the center console apart meaning
go in like the rubber one dose.This console looks like a monster and
I'm unsure how it comes apart around the radio. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

turbowop

First time pulling the center console can be daunting, but it's not that bad and you'll realize this after you get it out.

There are plenty of threads talking about this already, and probably even one in the how-to section.

Turboman_456

Yes after looking through the How to Archives I did come across one post that my serve me.

Brunoboy

I. Did it without taking out the center, actually I did it by having to take out only the center glovebox thing, if you open the lid the insides can be pulled out, by sticking your arm through there you can reach the screws; and can reach the screws via the sides of the consoles.
-Shane

524of1000

^+1. you can also pop out the little coin try in between the two. It makes it easier to hand yourselg the screws and such. Only took me and Solidviper like 20 min to swicth the shifter and boot to 1g parts that way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JNR

I was able to install my leather shift boot w/o pulling the console, by getting my hands in from the console pocket; it's tight [I don't have tiny hands either] and you have to be creative with tools to tighten, but it's possible.

gvr4ever

Did anyone ever buy out mofugas or the rights to what they made? They had a leather shifter boot that just popped in to place. The only thing that needed to be removed was the shifter knob. All it was, was a plastic base that fit in the same area that the rubber one was held in place by.

BoostedAWD91

i just purchased a brand new one from Garfield which are the ones he has for sale on TunersNation. I havent installed it yet so im not sure how it will turn out. I am just hoping its long enough

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned