The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

JNZ tuning out of business?f*** NO Josh with large breasts is still in Quad D's

turbohf

lol, so a post asking if he is out of business, confirms he is not, and scores a couple extra sales. good work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

thanks again Josh! cant wait for cool sh*t to show up so it can sit around...err, i mean so i can put it on my car.

Yohler

It's not the first or the last time I've left some of my paycheck there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif Stuff I ordered today was shipped within 2 hours.

fuel

Quoting DSSA:
Would anyone be interested in me starting a thread about non-discontinued parts that are at a 0 stocking status with Mitsubishi, that I bought up current remaining stock of?

I really don't want to sell to people who are just going to go out and resell the items at gouge pricing, but to allow people who actually need the part to know "Hey, these could be the last, but are at leas the "last" that we'll see in the near future..."

For example: Currently *0* U.S. stock of the GVR4 shift cables in the country. I bought the remaining units, and currently have 7 (I may hold one back as as spare for my GVR4 though)ready to ship. These are in limbo as I have yet to get an answer out of them as to whether they'll bring more into the U.S.

I can also check inventory count on a certain part if someone is in need of something and it's hard to find. I preface this by saying: "I have no issue looking up and reporting on a part". But that always leads to the vague, lazy emails from someone who says "I want t know availability on every part used in the engine bay---can you look them all up, check inventory, and give me all of the part numbers?". Those emails will be ignored as I honestly don't have time to spend hours to satisfy someone's whimsical curiosities. (End point--keep it short, sweet, and reasonable in requests).

Josh

I would be interested. Also where can I find the shifter cables on your website? I had a look and couldn't see them.

fuel

Perfect thank you! I was looking under GVR-4/DSM driveline transmission parts and didn't see them.

BENE38A

are the gvr4 91 92 usdm cables the same as the jdm 91 vr4? i would check this myself on asa but my laptop with the programmes has a broken screen /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

OldHairyBastard

Yes. The cables are the same for all but the shifter and the arms on the transmission are different for the 89 and 90 models because of the transmission. If you change the arms on a newer transmission to the older arms and adjust the shifter then they will work fine on the older car.

fuel

Quoting BENE38A:
are the gvr4 91 92 usdm cables the same as the jdm 91 vr4? i would check this myself on asa but my laptop with the programmes has a broken screen /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

I'm almost tempted to get a set too just for the sake of it - but my shifter cables seem to be fine at the moment. I'm thinking of doing a larger order through JNZ if you wanna get in on the shipping - maybe I should just get the lot sent to you and collect the rest when I'm there in August.

BENE38A

yea that sounds good!, just msg me on facebook when you are going to do so. I wanna get in quick before they sell out.
Thanks for the info.

DSSA

Since this thread has turned into somewhat of a parts availability discussion, I'll put a quick update in here:

I've been swamped this week with Mitsubishi supply issues. With everything going on (their stock taking a hit after FuelMileageGate in Japan, Nissan buying a controlling share, the Normal, IL plant closing and the new factory in Thailand, Mitsubishi's general issues with keeping things stocked in the U.S.), I'm actually a little concerned for the first time since starting in this business back in 1997.

I don't think this is "the walls crumbling down", but I'm guessing we're going to be seeing some severe availability issues with parts for the next 6-12 months until they get the supply chain re-established (and maybe Nissan kicks them into shape a bit--or "trim the fat" and have them discontinue more parts for older models). It's a guessing game right now.

1G/GVR4 wheel bearings are just another part added to the list of "0 stocking status" in the US (I have a couple more coming in from what were the remaining reserves), and I'm seeing some other parts that are high volume sellers trickle down into the single digits.

I think it's going to be a long summer of "sorry--these have just gone on back-order".

curtis

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif title changed......Damn I was scared shitless when I saw the title.....Glad things are good to go.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned