The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Intrepid COP setup!!!

it's probably worth it if you have the msd ignition or aem system, but other than that, I don't see how it can be better...

My buddy made his for dirt cheap a lot less than 250...pretty sure it was about 75 all together...he used coil packs out of a chrysler 300m. It looked cool and worked with his msd ignition, but he said he couldn't notcie any difference just from driving it daily, plus his rubbed up against his hood...

geoff

If you are dumping in alot of fuel and spraying nitrous you don't want your spark to blow out. So I would have to say yes, it is worth it!! Read in the how to article on curtis's setup. He said it was worth every bit of it.

14u2nV

You could build one for around $50, if you wanted to use used parts, and cut your own plate with a saw or something. I get to cut them on a laser, so mine are pretty. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Last edited:

steve

Spoken like a true DSM'er (GVR4'errerrer?) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

If I could get a list of Mitsu part numbers I bet I could get the whole setup cheaper then $200.
25% of list prices helps /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
The 99-03 Diamante's have 3.5Lmotors do they use coil on Plug? I'll have to look at my sister's ride and check.

One thing I need to know is what wire is which. The splice wires that I got from toyota are black with no colors. There are numbers 1 and 2 on the connectors if anyone can help I would apperciate it. Thanks, Chris

boostx

the fun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif has started
i need coils now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif
so what you think

looks nice but I personally wouldnt bother with that COP stuff. The only standalone I run is Electromotive, which includes the coils, and Ive seen the stock coil packs support 500 wheel nicely.

curtis

Quote:
looks nice but I personally wouldnt bother with that COP stuff. The only standalone I run is Electromotive, which includes the coils, and Ive seen the stock coil packs support 500 wheel nicely.

You need a ride in a car before and after. They work.
It's not always about top end HP but drivability, thats where they really perform, HP and torque both go up but the off idle is crisp and the part throttle to passing on the street pulls way better.

Keep up the good work John you'll love it.

Last edited:

14u2nV

Yes, you've said that twice. Check the price,,,,, bet it's hella expensive, and your not likely to find one in a junk yard.

I will check tomarrow on price on COP my cost or your cost

Last edited by a moderator:

14u2nV

Even at your cost, I bet it won't beat the $50-$200 it takes to make your own.

Quote:
Even at your cost, I bet it won't beat the $50-$200 it takes to make your own.

throttle response is what i'm after. 4g63 response is on the slow side....

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned