The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

intake manifold?

tintoy

need help.. my intake manifold is a stock jdm. my friend gave me a stock usdm intake manifold, if i will use the usdm manifold would there be an increase in bhp? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif thank you for any answers and suggestions /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Brunoboy

Loss of low end.

tintoy

why? bcoz it had a short runner than the jdm? is the usdm intake manofold is the same whit the jdm NA manifold?

fuel

JDM is dual stage 'CYCLONE', ie there are two runners per port and half of the runners have butterflies controlled by a series of vacuum solenoids. Basically one runner per port is shut off below approx 4500rpm to promote turbulence which improves low down and mid-range torque but at high rpm the butterflies open leaving all runners open effectively flowing nearly as much as a JDM N/A or USDM inlet manifold. For high hp/boost applications the JDM Cyclone manifold can be a little restrictive, but for lower power applications it definitely helps improve low rpm performance.

tintoy

thank you sir for the info. i really appreciate it. i guess i'll just stick to the jdm cyclone manifold. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. are there any mods that you can suggest on how to increase the high end hp oo a jdm cyclone manifold?

fuel

larger throttle body perhaps? More boost will fix it for sure /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

tintoy

thank you again.. i will post another question soon about a external fuel pump, is a boch pump and dont know how much lph it has. hope you can help me again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned