The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

cyclone manifold

If DSMLink v2 has a Shift CEL available, then you should be able to simply tap that wire at the ECU, and use it to trigger a low current 12 volt relay, which in turn would trigger the solenoid. The ECU switches the CEL to ground through the 3.3 ohm resistor, if I recall, so you just need to connect one side of the relay coil to +12 volts, the other relay coil contact to the CEL wire, the relay COMMON contact to GROUND, and the NORMALLY OPEN relay contact to the ground side of the solenoid you are using. Or, if the solenoid isn't plugged into the factory harness, you can connect the COMMON to +12 volts so it connects 12 volts to the solenoid when energized, and the other side of the solenoid to ground.

prove_it

You'll be happier with V3. Huge improvement in the datalogger and the functions. Plus speed density support. The cost of the upgrade is around 175. Much better tuning capabilities, datalogger, well everything. I got mine in December and love it. Not to mention 2 solenoid outputs like you need.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned