The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Illuminated shif knob..Too much rice?

fivestardsm

I already carved those in to the pedals, next is to wire up the spot lights under the dash so I can see them at night.

Or wait, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif maybe I should get some LED guages and set them up like on Gran Turismo for throttle and brake values... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

RedTwo

But how will you know when to stomp on them if it doesn't flash a 'brake now' light? I shouldn't have to use my brain when I drive a car, that's how accidents happen!

fivestardsm

ok, So you remeber the episode of the Simpsons when Homer became a truck driver? I'll install one of the automatic driving computers so it can take over when I fall asleep!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cheekychimp

I actually kind of like it but it is sort of useless. An indicator on the dash would be more use. I'd consider one but I'm not taken with that price!

Quoting turbowop:
Do you really need to know what gear you're in with an H-pattern shifter? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Heehehe....right, in almost any 5spd that's driven on the street regularly. Even if you forget what gear your in you should be able to figure it out immediately by how the car reacts to throttle based what speed your going/rpm your in....

I know your asking about this knobber for looks and not for figuring out what gear your in but I haven't posted in a while and I want to say something. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts