The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Slow wipers - do you guys have this too?

tsitalon1

I guess with our cars now 20 yrs old, things are just getting slower.

My wipers and windows move much slower than I think they should, but I've never had another GVR4 to compare it to. Do your guys' wipers move this slowly even on the fastest setting:

click

What are our options? Can the motors be rebuilt, or is it just grabbing the best looking wiper motor from the junk yard?

What about the window motors, do we need to replace the felt strip on the door liner to reduce drag, or do we need to replace/rebuild these motors too?

Last edited:

Terry Posten

Yep, mine are slow also.

I bet you will get a higher rate just by cleaning and re-lubing the regulators on the wipers and do the same on the windows as well as clean the rubber tracks really well and lube the slides ( with what I do not know).

curtis

Mine started that and I changed out the relay on the firewall from a junkyard car and was fixed that easy.

makedollarz

Interesting, I will try a new relay and see of that helps, mine seem like they should be faster then they are. I remember when there is a little snow on them, there almost to weak to move the snow.

Diego

Odd, mine go like a bat outta hell.

High speed is pretty quick

GSX_TC

where is this relay for them on the firewall?

GSX_TC

yeah because mine are kinda slow on Hi aswell.

turbofonz

If my windshield is dry mine are SUPER slow. In the rain they work decent but they do seem like they're underpowered at times, compared to my 1g.

curtis

Seems like I went to the junkyard and just looked around at other Mitsubishi's and got mine from a Conquest/Starion. But yes its on the firewall by the wiper motor.

Lancer99

^Hey your in scaymore I just moved to dekalb. Nice to see another one around here.

mikus

west burbs cru

Yea this video is eleventy times faster than mine, off to the junkyard this W/E

tsitalon1

Quoting agent23:
mine are half the speed as the ones in the video

Quoting Mikus:
Yea this video is eleventy times faster than mine, off to the junkyard this W/E

Wow, and I posted this because I thought mine were to slow....I wonder if we could use something to up the voltage slightly....like a boost a pump.

curtis

I've thought the same thing on this and also the headlight circuit. Something like a straight wire from the battery with a relay like we do to the fuel pump.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned