The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

I kinda want some mudflaps...

manikbastrd

Who has them??? Pros and Cons? Pics?
And yes, I have seen this... link

Muchos Grassy-ass
-Manik

Last edited:

Jesus_Negros

Not red.

KiNgMaRtY

Pros: You don't kick rocks to the people behind you or the body of the car.
Cons: They look ugly on the GVR-4. You generally have to drill them on.

G

Staff member

Jesus_Negros

Great post G. A bunch of sh*t nobody can read.

manikbastrd

Quoting Turbro_Negro:
Not red.

Black Rally Armor was my thought...

Quoting Turbro_Negro:
Great post G. A bunch of sh*t nobody can read.

Yeah....

Last edited:

ApexHunter

Of course i have no problem with you, no problem with mudflaps on a gvr4, so please take this in the spirit with which its intended. And this is only in regards to off road style mudflaps, rally style mudflaps, or whatever you want to call them. Streamlined OEM mudguards need not apply.

Here is another fad that annoys the sh*t out of me. File it into the same category as roof racks that don't get used. I've seen them on FRS, hellaflush whatevers, 8th gen civics...ugh. I think they look great on the gvr4, and few cars can own them as well, but i'm burnt on them. The mudflap is a damn shame right now. Current guidelines:

-Lower your car. Nothing makes more sense than reducing ground clearance on your 'froad beast. So what if i can't even get my 8th gen civic over a speedbump? I'm a hoonigan!
-So what if my hellaflush MS3 is FWD, and the only time i ventured off road was when i was drunk trying to find a place to piss? It pretty much looks like an impreza hatchback.
-The roof racks and ornamental fixed gear bike made the car look top heavy. The mudflaps balance it out.
-I got a killer deal on ebay
-All my high school buddies have them
-Red ones are faster.

coyotes

I admit it, I'm a mudflap lover. But only on AWDs. I don't think it is supposed to make any sense, except... i take my car up snowboarding. yeah. keeps the.. rocks off my car. yeah. and it's at stock ride height. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

manikbastrd

Quoting ApexHunter:
Of course i have no problem with you, no problem with mudflaps on a gvr4, so please take this in the spirit with which its intended. And this is only in regards to off road style mudflaps, rally style mudflaps, or whatever you want to call them. Streamlined OEM mudguards need not apply.

Here is another fad that annoys the sh*t out of me. File it into the same category as roof racks that don't get used. I've seen them on FRS, hellaflush whatevers, 8th gen civics...ugh. I think they look great on the gvr4, and few cars can own them as well, but i'm burnt on them. The mudflap is a damn shame right now. Current guidelines:

-Lower your car. Nothing makes more sense than reducing ground clearance on your 'froad beast. So what if i can't even get my 8th gen civic over a speedbump? I'm a hoonigan!
-So what if my hellaflush MS3 is FWD, and the only time i ventured off road was when i was drunk trying to find a place to piss? It pretty much looks like an impreza hatchback.
-The roof racks and ornamental fixed gear bike made the car look top heavy. The mudflaps balance it out.
-I got a killer deal on ebay
-All my high school buddies have them
-Red ones are faster.

Bahahaha. I don't take it personally and I COMPLETELY agree. I have seen a red set of Rally Armor Mudflaps on every single GD subaru around here and it drives me nuts. Having said that, my car is lowered, but I still take it on gravel and dirt roads often, and this will be even more common when I change duty stations back to SC here in the fall. The reason I was thinking of the rally armor is because they are somewhat malleable, and way long. I have had way too much crap flung onto my Boss 302 that has stock "streamlined" mudflaps, so I figured that some aftermarket ones may do a better job for the Galant. I just realized that I have justified myself to someone who wasn't asking for me to justify myself /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Jesus_Negros

Well I'll hang onto the Boss while you go back to SC. Dont want you worrying about too much ya know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

blacksheep

Well, I have black rally armors on my Focus ST. I put them on as there was no OEM option. And before I put them on snow and muddy dirt would get kicked up all on my doors really really bad. It works for me, not trying to be a fanboie at all. I am non-lowered too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

G

Staff member
testa_12_img600x450_1400478378huzdyg2773.jpg

ApexHunter

Quoting G:

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

If you have them and drive the car in gravel, off road, or whatever, it makes sense and i thank you for using them. Helps keep the rock chip count down for everyone else.

manikbastrd

G, I don't know where you get some of this stuff lol...and T_Negro, you wish man hahaha I gotta have something to daily!!!

have this /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Lancer99

So I clicked the linked to see the Rally Armor Mudflaps and I start reading the thread and WTF?! Did I just read on the second post?

"I have some, they seem good... they are thick and still BNIB...... I have to use them.... Red flaps and green car XMAS anyone?

I have universal ones btw... they seem great very thick."

manikbastrd

Good stuff right??? I refuse to put red mudflaps on my car...no sale. I am not a WRC Blue Subaru.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned