The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

How about some updates???

NateCrisman

I really hate to suggest this, but if the formatting due to the forum software makes this kinda impossible to work so that it works on computers, phones, iPads......maybe that's a hint that we should host the page outside of the forum..and just direct link it?

Cause it's going to really blow chunks if it just looks like jumbled up junk on phones and tables that are probably 50% of the sites' use.

Last edited:

GSTwithPSI

I just made some reformatting edits. It looks good on two phones and my laptop. Anybody having issues viewing this now?

I'll scale it down a bit more to be safe.

Last edited:

GSTwithPSI

Alright, that should be view-able for everyone.

The real issue is the "list" has to be in image form to look decent. There is a "list" type function built into UBB, but it's sh*t. It will literally give you a numbered list, that's it. So, it's this way or no way. I assume that's the same reason RedTwo had the list built this way in the old thread.

The good thing is, this will only need to be done once. It will be some work on the front end, but once it's here, it can be maintained by anyone.

BTW, I can change the color or the boxes, font type and also font size to a degree. Feedback on those things is welcomed. Again, I'd like to knock this out tonight, or tomorrow night before I go back to work next week.

There is a bit of functionality built into the list this way. I'll link the first box with the user's screen name to their profile. Also, I'll link the "click" boxes for the time user's slip and video so they are easy to follow.

Quoting Olson:
I dislike the idea of you being #1....

Don't worry, I'm making a separate list for hotpipes...You're literally the only one on it.

Last edited:

NateCrisman

Can you make the "badge" box link to a "members rides" page ...where...if we were all fairly diligent....people browsing this list can go get all the in depth info on mod list, weight, ext that's typically condensed into the cars's page.

GSTwithPSI

Quoting NateCrisman:
Can you make the "badge" box link to a "members rides" page

Yep, can do. I've updated the test list to reflect. That what you're talking about?

Also, how's this look on your guys' computers/phones/tablets? I busted out my old as f*** Windows phone, and it even rendered on there fine on there.

Also, the GalantVR4.org banner on the pics is just something we will have to deal with. The only way to make it go away (that I'm aware of) is to host the images off of the forum...Which is how the last list died and I'm trying to avoid. Again, we'll just have to deal. I made some slight changes to the font, which made it bearable to read.

Edit:

Found a decent solution the the GalantVR4.org banner being in the way on the "F R N" columns...I made that link clickable too so you can see the image full size in a new pane.

Ok, this should be what the final product looks like unless you guys have any other feedback:

[*]
img.php

[*]
img.php

[/list]

Last edited:

strokin4dr

How about 1/8 mile E/T & mph instead of the 330 time?

strokin4dr

Looks really good so far, btw! I like the clickable links to the member's rides pages.

Is there no possible way to remove the gvr4.org stamping from these, or at least have it scaled down since these are small pics?

GSTwithPSI

I could swap out the 330' for the 1/8th mile time if that's what the group really wants, but I'd prefer to leave it as is. It's been a huge pain in the ass to get the formatting to look right with the proper sizing.

Basically, I have an image that I can edit the data fields on. Each time I make an edit, I have to save the image, and upload it the the .Org individually. Once uploaded, I have to play with the window size until it looks right. Long story short, I'd like to leave the data fields in the columns as is unless you guys really feel strongly about a particular change. I figure the link to the time slip will suffice for this request, or no?

Regarding the gvr4.org stamping, there's no way to avoid it. If I blow up the image to get it out of the field of view, the image isn't sized properly. If I host the images off of the forum to avoid the tag, we risk losing the data if anything happens to the hosting provider. A perfect example of this was the old list. The links RedTwo had built into the old list were hosted on Imageshack. When Imageshack started charging people for space, those who didn't pay lost all their sh*t, hence a bunch of broken links on the old 1/4 leader board. If everything is hosted here on the forum, there's no risk of the data being lost...Unless the website goes down, in which case, nobody gives a f*** anyways at that point.

I did make the column that's blocked by the tag clickable so you can see the fields unobstructed. It sucks it's blocked when viewed in the list, but the data is easily view-able with the click of a button.

I suppose you could send and email to [email protected] and tell the asshole there to quit tagging every image that's uploaded to the site /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:

Olson

Quoting GSTwithPSI:
Alright, that should be view-able for everyone.

The real issue is the "list" has to be in image form to look decent. There is a "list" type function built into UBB, but it's sh*t. It will literally give you a numbered list, that's it. So, it's this way or no way. I assume that's the same reason RedTwo had the list built this way in the old thread.

The good thing is, this will only need to be done once. It will be some work on the front end, but once it's here, it can be maintained by anyone.

BTW, I can change the color or the boxes, font type and also font size to a degree. Feedback on those things is welcomed. Again, I'd like to knock this out tonight, or tomorrow night before I go back to work next week.

There is a bit of functionality built into the list this way. I'll link the first box with the user's screen name to their profile. Also, I'll link the "click" boxes for the time user's slip and video so they are easy to follow.

Quoting Olson:
I dislike the idea of you being #1....

Don't worry, I'm making a separate list for hotpipes...You're literally the only one on it.

f*** ya

slugsgomoo

host the images on imgur (you can upload from a phone via an app if you need to) and just embed them in the post, voila, no hosting stamp.

GSTwithPSI

^The reason the old list is fucked is because the images were externally hosted. That's why it's being redone on the forum.

Nelson, I need your info to top the list off. I found this thread click, but still need what fuel, turbo, tires etc you were on for the pass.

Bump for some more member info (old or new). You can post your slip in this thread, or link to it posted somewhere on the forum...It needs to be somewhere on the .Org, though:

-Screen Name
-Badge #
-60'
-330'
-1/8 MPH
-1000'
-E/T MPH
-Turbo
-F,R,N,T,V

What do F/R/N/T/V mean?
F - Fuel used (In AKI)
- AKI is generally 4-5 points lower than the same RON; 98 RON = 93 AKI.
R - Rubber (Tyres) used.
- R Road tyres The rubber on your Gran's first car to ultra high performance tyres.
- S 'Semi' slick The kind that starts off with 'road legal' or 'DOT approved' in the description.
- D Drag slick A full slick or close to it.
N - NOS, Nitrous, etc was used.
T - Timeslip is available (I need the URL).
V - Video is available (I need the URL)

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned