The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Sonor Giant Step Twin Effect Double Bass Pedal - GTEP 3

BrandonEchols

This is about the most unique drum pedal you could ever own, developed by Sonor for the like of Thomas Lang because the things he wanted to do with his pedal were literally not possible with any of the designs available at the time

This is unlike anything you've ever played, and I'll tell you right now, you won't be able to sit down and blast 200 bpm rolls on this thing from the start - it does take practice, but it's very rewarding once you learn the technique.

This is a double pedal where both beaters are played with the same foot - one with the toe, and one with the heel. You literally "roll' you foot back and forth and play double bass patterns (rolls, flams, quick triplets and quad beats), while maintaining control over your hi-hat or other left foot (in most cases) auxiliary percussion.

In addition to that, if you happen to you 2 of these with 2 separate bass drums, insane things are possible (think 300 bpm 32nd notes).

It also uses a Sonor specific design to attach to the bass drum hoop - called a docking station. Put simply you attach the docking station to your drum hoop once, and then the pedal uses a quick release mechanism to clamp on in about 5 seconds. Makes it very easy to take the pedal off and more your kit, reposition things, and then snap the pedal right back in place.

I really love this pedal, and hate to see it go, the only real reason I've decided to sell is that the style I'm playing now can be easily done with a single pedal, and I rarely ever play it.

It's been well cared for, never gigged or played outside my home (other than about 4 uses in church service over a couple weeks while I filled in for a friend playing worship music - the pedal they had was horrid).

This pedal originally retailed at over $1100! But you could sometimes find then in the $750 range. Since Sonor discontinued them they're becoming increasingly difficult to find, especially in good shape, and without touring rash and worn out parts. The action on this pedal is very fast, tight and smooth, just like the day I got it, and it has near-infinite adjustability options, so you can set it up exactly to your liking.

I'm asking $550 obo for this very nice and hard to find piece.
I will entertain serious offers, but please don't waste my time with ridiculous lowballs.
I know what I have, and I know how hard they are to come by. It's priced accordingly - and is a heavy cut off what was paid new.
You can PM me, email me, or call/text Brandon at (909) 907-48seven4
Thanks for looking.

IMG_0081-2.jpg

IMG_0082-1.jpg

IMG_0083-1.jpg

IMG_0084-1.jpg

IMG_0086-1.jpg

IMG_0087-1.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned