The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Hood Struts GVR4

GSX_TC

I guess i'll just have to keep my fingers crossed haha

GSX_TC

Another question for you, is the kit including a strut for each side or is this for one strut on the driver side only?

Last edited:

bobdole

yep pictures

Last edited:

GSX_TC

Thanks charles.

galant344

do you still have these for sale?

GSX_TC

Yes, but he still making them though.

Terry Posten

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif 1st set

Here is my honest take on them:

Instructions could be a bit better. The noob wrencher will struggle for about 10 minutes trying to figure out how best to align the hood side brackets. You MUST remove the small metal clip on each pin cup to pop on and then re-install the clips to keep them from falling off. (really simple) If you don't, they will not slide onto the pins.

Oh, and the package says 97-01 Galant. Relabel please /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

That's it, really simple. Very tidy and smart.

Here are some pics on a fully assembled car. You cannot see them at all when the hood is closed, even on a white car.

As you can see by the hinges, the hood is all the way open and that is a great thing.

Here are both sides of rods close up.

And now for the wide open look, you really can't open the hood any further. It is at least 5 inches higher than using the stock prop rod.

And for that ubber ricer look, you can have the hood open half way. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

stealthtt24

Thanks for the post. So I assume these are super sick? I didn't know these were ready for shipping after we pay.

Terry Posten

I think I was first only because of my schedule leaving for a while on vacation. That is most likely why the packaging was mis- labeled.

I am sure the "official" ready for sale post will come soon.

bobdole

Thanks for posting the pictures. Oh and your engine bay is super clean.

The kit is not for the 97-01 galant. The hood and strut is different. It would have cost more money to make new packaging and I was trying to keep the price down.

This was the first kit I had air shipped in to make sure the fitment was spot on. I am running the same kit on my car. I won't have the others until the beginning of Nov. Once I have I will sent a message to each person on the list to pay.

Charles

Last edited:

prove_it

Looks great. I was wondering about hood opening angle, very glad these open past the stock hood prop position. I'm more than happy to pay 80 for em.

bobdole

GSXCONVERT I have added you to the list. There is only a few kits left on the first order now. Please pm me if you would like to be added.

bobdole

I will have them beginning on Nov. Once I have I will send a message to all members on the list to send payment. Then I will start shipping.

If everybody on the list purchase them I only have about 6-7 kits left on the first order.

Charles

Diego

Put me down on that list, was sceptical before now that I see the big picture I want in on the list as well.

trexn8

Sick! Will these work on the JDM hood? Im assuming they will.

If so put me down for a set.

Could you design a set to work with a 2G DSM?

Thanks.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned