The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Hood struts for GVR4

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobdole

Here are some pictures with the fender installed.

Last edited:

bobdole

Quoting NickDromez:
^ +1. i want these if its an easy install and works and fits properly. i currently using a baseball bat as a hood prop /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Installation is easy. Takes maybe 15mins.

bobdole

Quoting prove_it:
I'm down for a set. Question: Will we need to remove the fenders to install these then? Also are the struts good quality and not cheap that will lose pressure and make our hoods a bigger PITA?

You won't have to remove the fender. Good quality hood struts. Don't see a problem with them.

GSX_TC

I see how the hood portion of it attaches, but how is the other end going to mount?

bobdole

You just remove one of the bolts that hold the fender on. Replace it with the ball mount bolt and then snap on the strut. Done

Last edited:

WaRrIoRs16

I'll take two sets as well.

bobdole

I really like having these on the car too. Before I was working around the hood prop and it was always in the way. Which I am sure you guys know the feeling. Great to have them on the VR4.

Brunoboy

Im sure these are going to be one hell of a group buy, he said itd be lower the more sets sell, and it seems that most are buying more than one set.

mitsu90

I've been thinking about doing this for awhile now.. I would be interested in a set

GSX_TC

Quoting bobdole:
You just remove one of the bolts that hold the fender on. Replace it with the ball mount bolt and then snap on the strut. Done

Def interested Now. count me in man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned