The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Cam Timing Tool

chrisfullwood

I tried to slip this in, so i could hold the cam gears in place and loosen the timing belt, but i couldn't get it to fit, i can tell yet if its my intake cam is slightly off alignment, i tried rocking the crank back and forth a little to try to align it, but it wouldn't go. So i guess i have to pull the timing belt off first, and then do it.

hopefully it doesn't do that when i put my new cam gears on.

Doctor_D

i did mine with timing belt off before putting tool in, At first seems to not fit like said, i just had to move both cams to fit in place, use your left hand for the 2 wrenches cam movement and use your right hand to fit the tool in. Simple as that.

Using this tool makes Timing very Quick and Easy. No Hassels here.

chrisfullwood

thanks for the advice, i was figuring i should just pull the timing belt off, after i make sure its at TDC on the number 1 cylinder. Which i need to do to replace my cam gears anyway.

i'm looking forward to it making my life easy.

SSGdave

do you still make/sell these?

if so, i know about 5 mitsu techs that would buy one

SSGdave

ok we're in. Ill be collecting the money from them on Monday. I'll be in touch dude.

CKA

I am on what seems to be my last batch of these tools. I have 20 of them and probably won't be making any more after this. Even if you don't need one now get one now because 2 years down the road you will regret not having it.

I have been asked if I were able to make the Tensioner Tool. Here it is. Price for the tensioner tool is $15 shipped.

2dudzxt.jpg

f9p3s4.jpg

2i0vhpy.jpg

Bundle the Cam Timing Tool and Tensioner tool for a price of $40 shipped.

brisvr4

What would shipping cost to Australia?
Postcode is Runcorn. 4113 Queensland.
Cheers

Tim

broxma

Money sent for one assuming there are any left.

/brox

prove_it

Money sent on a bundle also.

dsm10o0

How many sets are remaining? Interested but waiting on funds

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned