The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Fpr may be wrong

Steve885

I'm checking to see if my fuel pressure regulator is set up right...I didn't do the install it came this way. The regulator is set up after the fuel rail on the return side is that right, would I have anything to gain by hooking it up after the fuel filter.on the inlet side

James

Mine have always been after the rail. Can't answer why. Just the way I've always seen it done.

GSTwithPSI

Technically, you can place the FPR anywhere you want. After the rail, before the rail, after the pump, right before the tank etc. As long as it bypasses enough fuel to only let the injectors see 37psi (stock 1G), it's all good.

I have mine mounted before my injectors. I also have a gauge on my regulator and another gauge on the rail itself. I will say there is a few PSI drop just from my regulator to my rail. I'm not sure how placement after the rail would change this, but monitoring your fuel pressure at the rail itself is the key IMO.

GSTwithPSI

Hey Steve. Yeah, been here since April. I'm currently going through some pretty demanding training down here. I haven't have time to get on the .Org and play much, or even work on the VR4 for that matter. Then I got orders to NSA, in Fort Meade to top it all off, hence selling the VR4. I had plans to attend the shootout, but I'll be moving to Maryland now instead.

I know one thing, I miss SoCal!

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned