The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

idle 4 k after manifold and throttle changed. (need help)

With adjusting the TPS you can leave the car off with the key in the on position. are you using a data logger? May be the easiest way. With the Biss screw i don't belive even adjusted all the way in it would hit 4k. If its not the TPS, i'd do a boost leak test and make sure the FIAV isnt leaking.

Jesse

kooter

ok have checked tps and isc both are not dead on but very close to what the vfaq says.

about to jumper wires and attempt to set biss according to vfaq page.

no logger just using multi meter and jumper wires

kooter

switched throttle bodies back to original.
problem is gone.
only thing I can say I noticed was the tps on the original tbody has only three pins, the pc'ed newer one has 4 pin.

kooter

is there something I can do to adjust check or anything to fix this throttle so I can use it.

AnotherNewb

4 pin tps is a 2g I belive since they had the throttle closed switch in the tps instead of on the other side. If it was me I would block off the fiav and put it back on with the correct tps.

jb4

Just swap the tps and block the fiav. The four pin tps is for a 2g.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned