The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FIC 950cc, fitment issues or bad info.

jnava

Staff member
I went to a shop to pick up an o2 bung, while I was there I went ahead and asked for some injector lower isolater and he then proceeded to tell me that I needed to modify the injector. In the pic, you'll see the flare, will I have catastrophic failure if I don't remove it. He definitely said I should do it but he has done some shady stuff before, that is why I only buy small parts from them. Here is a pic of my injectors.
IMAG0558.jpg

turbowop

Those aren't the correct lower isolators. Those are the upper bushings for the stock injectors, or aftermarket if they accept the upper bushings. Not all of them do.

Last edited:

gramkrakr89

yeah, those belong on the injector inlet neck, between the injector and the fuel rail. (you can see where they're supposed to go)

FIC should sell the lower insulators you need, and I doubt that having a flared outlet will hurt anything as long as you can get the insulator seated properly

jnava

Staff member
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I bought 4 lower isolater from the dealer after finding out they had none in stock., that's a pic I took a few days ago. Those are now located at the top. My main issue is that he wanted to machine the injector on that flare for some reason.

Last edited:

jnava

Staff member
I appreciate it, I've had prior issues but I hadn't heard about this one, . I found nothing online to validate his opinion of my injectors. Thanks

turbowop

I have the same injectors in 1051 btw. They work great. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

For what it's worth, I have RC750's in 503 and they didn't require the upper bushing. I can't remember if the FIC 950's in 1051 did or not though.

Last edited:

jnava

Staff member
They are going in tomorrow, and ill be making a system check to make sure everything is tight and no fuel leaks. The fun is about to start.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned