The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

I'm at a crossroad now. gm maf or SD

Ben

Consistants: I will have to build a new front lower subframe to make room for the lower ic pipe.
I will have to modify the IC piping with either option. I plan on running short route.

1) I have a large SBR FMIC for an eclipse set up for gm maf. I went ahead and bought the gm maf to mitsu maf connector harness for link.(ecmlink will take in back in exchange) This IC core will not fit right side up If I turn it upside down, then it looks like it might fit. I would still have to build some odd brackets for it to fit. Then modify the SBR piping to fit and use the GM maf.

2) ETS will build me a custom core. I was thinking the normal galant core(but thicker, 3.5 or 4 in) with the galant mounting points, but with end tanks similar to their eclipse setup. I would have the inlet/outlet in a different location than the eclipse core, but still both pointing toward the engine bay(as opposed to through the fender). Buy the eclipse short route piping kit from them with a gm intake sensor bung and a new bov flange. Return that cable to ecmlink and buy the cable for SD and the SD sensor kit.

opinions?

CSMShaun

Just get the SD Bundle Kit and forget the wiring/crossover connector. Perform the wiring yourself and you will have much less wiring in the way in the engine bay. And you will save money.

If you go with SD then it really doesnt matter how you get a FMIC onto the car. But using what you have and modifying the car to accept it could be the cheapest option.

When you order your SD bundle you could order ECMLink's new electronic BCS and have the ECU control the boost your car runs. For $40.

Ben

That was my plan to get the solinoid from them and have the eco control the boost. I just didn't know what luck people were having with that at high boost levels. I havn't looked yet. I plan on running 35+ psi on race fuel.

And the only reason I might want to keep the SBR kit intact is I have a Talon shell that I might want to put together and and sell. I don't have any other IC set up for it.

Ben

I wasn't sure, from what I gather, many EBCs have a limit. I don't know if it has to do with the solenoid duty cycle, type of solenoid or what. I just know that my buddy with an evo had an HKS EBC that wouldn't go high enough for his boost levels. He maxed it out on high boost and the guy tuning it had to use a MBC to finish the tune. When he got back he got a turbosmart EBC that worked for him.

CSMShaun

You could try inquiring on the ECMLink forums as to the capability of their suggested solenoid. They should be able to tell you yes or no if their solenoied will work for your tuning goals.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned