The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

exhaust out my fender???

So I got this awesome idea of putting my exhaust straight out my drivers fender. I was gonna stay with the clean look of out the back but come on! Everybody's got that! So I looked to see where the best path that I could find would be and it looked like after I delete my A/C I could keep the downpipe and at that flex pipe connection come straight up and run it right where the A/C compressor was and then back and out the fender above the trim piece. I was thinking going with a 3 inch pipe but then decided to see if anyone would have some other ideas? Different routes? I don't want it to be so loud I hate it as my DD but I completely understand its going to be ridiculously loud Hahaha. So is there a way I could maybe put in a resonator or a certain size pipe to use? Any thoughts or suggestions would be great!

mistaVR4

I would recommend the bottom side of the bumper cover, if your crusin with your window open you might get a bunch of exhaust gas in your face if it comes out the fender?

Barnes

There is absolutely no way that would work on a daily driver. Besides the fact that it would be insanely loud, you would probably be breathing exhaust fumes when you are at a stop. Also, the path of routing you suggest would be extremely difficult if not impossible. Lastly, the cops would pull you over constantly. Some things are perfectly okay to do like everyone else.

14u2nV

not to mention the lawsuit when someone walks over and touches it asking what it is or when you melt the car next to you, the heat right there is a lot more intense than the heat at the back.

u can run two pipes. use a exhaust butterfly valve. then just open it up when u want to be loud or at the track.

II can always avoid a lawsuit with a caution: hot sticker. And I definatly don't think its impossible. Extreamly difficult, oh yah! My first thought was to run it out the passenger side, but I couldn't find a clear path to go. That would keep the exhaust out of my face, tho I don't think it would be to big an issue. Anyone have a suggestion on pipping size? Or a different route to use the passenger side?

14u2nV

try using that sticker argument when a kid is involved. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

dewman

Stove Hot!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif
But in all seriousness, sometimes its just easier to run the exhaust in the factory configuration. CM makes a very nice exhaust for our cars.

Barnes

The most feasible way to run the exhaust out the passenger fender is to remove your power steering, ABS, relocate your radiator overflow, and maybe relocate your alternator. You can then run your exhaust above where the ABS used to be and directly out the fender. That is the probably the best way to do it. However everything I said above still applies.

Also, Kenny makes a good point.

Nartanian

Why don't you just run open downpipe? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

AnotherNewb

Because he saw a thread on tooners and decide to be different he would copy someone...
bumper mounted exhaust on a DD is a fail.

alansupra94

Bro route that sh*t right back into your intake.

dei.jpg

VTEC ain't got sh*t on this bro.

Last edited:

curtis

I built alot of the parts on this and its a daily driver.

click me

3 to 3.5 to 4 inch and the wastegate is the front half moon shape and is fully functional and not loud except when your hammering into it.

Car still want hook. Spun 10 inch slicks at our local 1/8 mile track last friday and made a 7.1 pass at 104 spinning on 20psi the full track. Still haven't turned it up cause there's no use. Can't hook what he has. Looks like wheelie bars are next.

As for dangerous yea it gets hot and spits out fireballs between shifts. He ran a Bentley Conti GT last fall and popped a fireball against the guys front fender when he hit second. Don't think the rich guy was amused that he got a fireball or seriously slaughtered by a honda.

Also its been done on a VR4 already.

click me for picture

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned