The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

EVO 8/ 9/ 10 coilovers

blacksheep

I have Evo X MR suspension chilling in the basement. Came off a 1 week old MR. I plan to swap my X GSR Kayaba's for the MR with some progress springs. No coilovers for me, I don't need it. What measurements do you want?

If anyone wants the MR or KYB suspension sets, let me know. If I sell them both, I could swing some KW's. The MR is 1 week old, the KYB has 5500 miles on it, car has not been tracked or auto-x'd yet and I keep the whole car really clean.

Whoodoo

I was thrust into an in-car engine rebuild and right now I have everything except the block and tranny out of the front. I was holding off on putting the evo X front struts/springs until I get her back together because I know right now she'll be sitting a little high.

I would say it might be another month or so before I am any help. Sorry

Last edited:

G

Staff member
EVO 8/ 9 jic's, looks like no welding needed on the rears. Just unscrew, and screw in the correct fitting.

9oav.jpg

Last edited:

fuel

They the correct Evo X rears? I thought the Evo X had the same eye fitting as our E39As except with a smaller hole as mentioned above?

transparentdsm

yeah, G are you sure those aren't for the evo 8-9? i was also under the assumption that the X rear had the same look as the vr4 rear

G

Staff member

Last edited:

G

Staff member

Last edited:

G

Staff member
Makes more sense to buy the jic evo 8/ 9 coil overs instead of welding the shocks.

coyotes

Do all evolution coilover a share that design or just the jic? This opens up a lot more coilover options for the gvr4.

Last edited:

G

Staff member
Last edited:

Street Surgeon

Guys.....

All this talk of welding, staaaahp.

Buy some evo 8/9 coilovers, use these adapters, done.

Last edited:

G

Staff member
That would work too, but if it were my car i'd go with the jic option.

G

Staff member
So they have these coil overs on clearance for $1150. For a 90-99 3kgt fwd. Looks like they would work?

d40t.jpg

turbowop

They might work. You could probably piece something together with JIC parts since all the components just fit together. It's just a matter of finding the right bottom brackets, the correct length threaded damper body, and the correct upper mount.

My thread for the Muellerized JICs I have on my car when I rebuilt them: click

G

Staff member
I'm pretty sure that 3kgt set would work, someone should buy those before they are gone. $1150 shipped.

I bought some flt-a2's in 2006. Just went and snapped a few pics, this is the part you need. I'm sure it's a universal part?

fowd.jpg

a6qs.jpg

fuel

Quoting Street Surgeon:
Guys.....

All this talk of welding, staaaahp.

Buy some evo 8/9 coilovers, use these adapters, done.

Doesn't the 3s have a larger ID for the rear bushing though? They would work if you were running 3s rear trailing arms though

EMX5636

Yes they do, but you could probably make a small sleeve or something. There is plenty of washer to hold the whole setup tight.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned