The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Dynoed my car today

Nartanian

You still have balance shafts?

Rausch

^ Err. What?

When you say 'Spools late' how late are we talking? I'm wondering if you're falling off the boost between shifts. Stock rev limit?

That initial lag is going to kill your times, but you should still be able to trap somewhere near where you'd expect with that HP/TQ and weight. 360/300 should be WAI quicker that 14's.

Practice/Experience definitely helps, but something is amiss.

The car is obviously capable of going faster, just that I suck as a driver, plain & simple. Yes it still has the balance shafts. The next potential owner can push the car to it's limits. When I pull the turbo & exhaust manifold off to fix the broken stud, I'm going to switch to a smaller back housing. I think I have an 8 or 10cm back housing somewhere. That will help with the slow spool.

Last edited by a moderator:

Friday we fixed the broken stud & changed the back housing to a smaller one. Found out the back housing on the car was a 16cm^2 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif. Changed it for an 8cm^2 & now I'm in full boost by ~4200 rpm. I also switched back to 93 octane. Hopefully I will put it back on the dyno this week & shoot for the 400 whp & get some better videos lol. The back housing was what was killing me @ the track. By the time the turbo spooled it was time to shift. We have another event coming up in December. Our Evo race car will be ready & if the galant isn't sold by then, I will run it again.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned