The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

drilling into dash--VR4 Wiseman needed

transparentdsm

Quoting scottinalaska:
Absolutely love the clock transformation! It is genius.

here is the link to where i got the idea from and how i did it. I used a AEM not an innovate. only reason was someone gave me an AEM for free so i figured f*** it lets see what i can do. click

WaRrIoRs16

What about the gauge pod that goes over the dash speaker? click Are those an option anymore?

Nebraska

So has anyone drilled into the dash of a vr4 to install gauges in an ECS pod or anything? If so I'd love to hear about it/see pics!

strokin4dr

Quoting transparentdsm:
Quoting scottinalaska:
Absolutely love the clock transformation! It is genius.

here is the link to where i got the idea from and how i did it. I used a AEM not an innovate. only reason was someone gave me an AEM for free so i figured f*** it lets see what i can do. click

I did this with the green led innovate gauge. It's a perfect color match to the stock vr4 dash light color.
I also agree with slugs and apex about not needing a bunch of ugly gauges on display. I only use them for tuning, and my laptop displays and logs everything on it so no need for them really. The stock look is much more appealing.
I too use the ecmlink programable CEL for knock, etc. And the dummy light on the dash for oil pressure. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Also, no going back once you drill holes in the dash. It will look like ass later on when you're sick of the lights from gauges in your eyes at night and rip them back out.

G

Staff member
I may have an oem unit fs still, have to check >> click

bazeng

Quoting Nebraska:
So has anyone drilled into the dash of a vr4 to install gauges in an ECS pod or anything? If so I'd love to hear about it/see pics!

There is not much down there. To get wires through is a bit of a task. You will need electric gauges unless you want to do some major hacking of the dash.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned