The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

please help needed about reverse

So my clutch pedal goes to floor, and stays when i pump it up works for all gears, and does not want to stay or go in reverse. Question since slave cylinder needs to be replaced/leaking and im replacing it asap will this cause it to not want to go into reverse? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif need help cant figure out.

Barnes

Does it grind when you go into reverse?

SmoothCustomer

Are you going to 4th then reverse? Will it go into reverse if you were to take off the shifter cables and do it by hand?

yeah tried every gear to reverse even from nuetral,i think ill try by hand and see, just curious with bad slave this would not effect this u think?

GVR4_1057

I would check the underhood linkage first. It sounds like you are on the right track.

Hertz

Staff member
Quoting 651vr4:
So my clutch pedal goes to floor, and stays

Dude. Check the fluid level first. If its low and you got air in the system you have a leak. You may be able to top it off, bleed it and drive for a few more days if the leak is slow. Check the boots and such for fluid seeping out.

I ended up replacing the master and slave cylinders, clutch, forks and pivot (shimmed). You might have a worn out pivot or bent fork. Do NOT go down the road of extended slave rods. MAYBE adjust the pedal AFTER you replace worn out crap.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif im special, so it was one of the lines needed to be replaced , and well for reverse to come to the conclusion was the short shifter, thanks for all the advice. Also to add should have brought up the pedal was sticking to floor due to that line, post from "ian" helped me understand as well since this was his prier.

IANGVR4 post

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned