The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Clutch or tranny problems

ever time I drive the car and put it into gear it grinds a little and goes into gear with no problem mostly on 1.2.3 it does this most of the time.. and at times it s goes in smooth if I have the clutch pushed in all the way and shift it slowly ..any suggestions would really help thanks.

1990ggsxnj

You may want to also look into readjusting the cables. Something simple first.

ggsxkid

^^^ Im gonna side with diego, but their are so many factors that come into play. Like clutchm pedal height/adjustment, worn linkage, faulty/on the way hydrualic parts, Bent clutch forks, Worn Pivot balls Etc. I would drain out the old fluid put some Redline MT 90 gear oil (cap 2.3 Qts) in it and see if you cant adjust the pedal under the dash.

Terry Posten

^^^ Im gonna side with diego, but their are so many factors that come into play. Like clutchm pedal height/adjustment, worn linkage, faulty/on the way hydrualic parts, Bent clutch forks, Worn Pivot balls Etc. I would drain out the old fluid put some Redline MT 90 gear oil (cap 2.3 Qts) in it and see if you cant adjust the pedal under the dash.

well i Adjusted the pedal under the dash feels a lot better but i still get that grind here and there not as much as before but still there when im shifting fast during city driving but im going to drain the oil and see if that helps out... I check out the Redline but seems a little pricey for me at the moment

are u loosing clutch fluid does the clutch feel spongie.Does it pop out of gear

are u loosing clutch fluid does the clutch feel spongie.Does it pop out of gear

No fluid leaks , and no it doesn't pop out of gear it just grinds a little but not that nasty grind its a smooth.grind but pops into gear with no problem

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned