The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Clutch

galant651

thats crazy. that would definately keep it from disengaging though. was the friction material on the clutch really frayed and worn out?

GSNT

I've seen 3-4 instances of disk fusing to flywheels. I don't think it is anything in particular that the person does, just a freak occurrence.

galant651

wow. ive seen alot that have totaly frayed and fallen apart but ive never seen one actually fuse to it.

broncfan56

Yea it was the first time that I have seen it and I don't ride the clutch which I think would cause that, haven't launched the car but once since I've owned it. The clutch looked very new, tons of material, just a 1/2 centimeter in the center of the disc, perfect circle, that fused to the flywheel.

Anyway put a 6 puck act unsprung with the sbc pressure plate and it is much easier to drive than the sbc sprung full face disc, so I believe that maybe something wasn't setup right.

There is a slight noise on deceleration while in gear. I've never run a 6 puck disc or an unspung disc so I do not know if it is normal but everything feels great.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned