The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Car Overheated

jnava

Staff member
I would have thought the mods would have interfered but I think they are letting them go at it. "Are you not entertained".

prove_it

lol. GVR4.ORG bloodshed

4orced4door

Quoting jnava:
I would have thought the mods would have interfered but I think they are letting them go at it. "Are you not entertained".

popcorn.gif

prove_it

Has GST's nickname always been "He mad" or did that just change?

How about "GVR4 pinnacle" for wop's nickname /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Last edited:

jnava

Staff member
I saw that last night. One of the mods had a chuckle when they added that. I'm highly entertained and it can only happen on the org.

GSTwithPSI

Quoting turbowop:
My car may be sporting bolt-ons and an English tune (partly), but it still runs and yours sits on jackstands. You're really off your rocker. Is there anything else you'd like to know? Is this all info you need to get your car off jackstands? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

I'm glad you can finally say that without simultaneously giving me all your qualifications. Not on jackstands.

Quoting turbowop:
This is a hobby to me.

^^^Clearly. My biggest issue with you is the fact that you want to say I suck at turning wrenches, and point to my incompetence as being my real issue. That would be fine coming from someone who was very knowledgeable in the ares I'm having trouble in, but your experiences overall are pretty limited from what I've seen (and even from what you have said), and your contributions and accomplishments here over an entire decade are far short of what you make them out to be. If you can point out where my incompetence is leading to my failures, I'd love to hear it. It seems to me the knowledge you actually have, and the knowledge you perceive yourself as having are on opposite sides of the spectrum. You keep listing all the sh*t you have done like it's supposed to impress me or something? If you want to see all the sh*t I've done, go look at my build thread. I'm not going sit here and tell you tales about it. 1051 simply being in good running condition and putting some numbers down on the dyno doesn't really say much about how it got there, does it? If you want to solidify the fact that you are more knowledgeable than I'm giving you credit for, then stop with all the lip service and show us where you actually did something? It seems like you are avoiding the question I've asked you 3 times, and it has me wondering. Again, why don't you post up a link or tech article where you did any of the work on your car you are claiming? Are you telling me in the decade you have been here, you haven't written one how-to, or posted a single thread where you did one of the things you are claiming you've done? Anything that might look like you actually doing some of the "advanced" tuning you are talking about? I'd also think since you have been here since 2001, it wouldn't just be one or two threads, but I guess this is just your hobby, right?

Quoting turbowop:
Once again, just stop being a f***ing prick when somebody asks you a question. Barnes asked a legitimate question and you got all flustered for no reason. Then when I call you out you get all mad at me and start calling my car a bad beast. Your words, not mine. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowrofl.gif

Let's be clear here, you and I are arguing, Not Barnes and I. Last time I checked, being a prick wasn't a crime, and that coming from someone who is a prick is comical. I may have said something you didn't like, but you opened your big f***ing mouth and decided to say your peace, putting your nose where it didn't belong. Hence, the altercation we are in. If you don't want an argument, then you should have kept your mouth shut. Quit trying to make it seem like intervening was your duty or some sh*t. We are in this dispute because you wanted to be the internet justice patrol, like in so many other threads you participate in. You are always dropping in some thread throwing in your "opinionated" snarky little comments, and now, because someone doesn't just roll over and take your sh*t, you want to fight battles that aren't yours and make it seem like you had no choice. Spare me, you are the definition of Troll.

The car runs, and I'm not sure how you will carry on with this now, since half of the sh*t you have been talking doesn't apply any longer. If the car breaks, then keep an eye on my build thread, you'll see it there, and can resume talking sh*t. I'm not afraid of posting up my mistakes, so you can look for them there, and use them to solidify the fact in your head that I suck at turning wrenches. I'll keep an eye out for you to post up a few informative threads of your own, but I wont hold my breath, seeing as you haven't really produced much along those lines in a decade.

prove_it

Did you ever check the studs for stretch?

GSTwithPSI

Yeah, I did. I removed 4 studs and measured the height. All within a few thousandths of an inch. Then, I grabbed another set of ARP studs I had laying around and did the same thing, just as a sanity check. Again, all less than (if any) a few thousandths of an inch from the ones I pulled from the car. I couldn't find a spec for the head stud free standing height though, so I don't really have anything to go off of besides a difference in height between the studs I have.

ade

^^^muthafucker knows what he is doing to the best of his abilities. Respect.

i have a sudden urge to spend all night making one of those captioned adolf vids...

Last edited:

turbowop

Quoting GSTwithPSI:
You keep listing all the sh*t you have done like it's supposed to impress me or something?

Again, why don't you post up a link or tech article where you did any of the work on your car you are claiming? Are you telling me in the decade you have been here, you haven't written one how-to, or posted a single thread where you did one of the things you are claiming you've done? Anything that might look like you actually doing some of the "advanced" tuning you are talking about? I'd also think since you have been here since 2001, it wouldn't just be one or two threads, but I guess this is just your hobby, right?

In the same paragraph that you ask why I keep listing the sh*t I've done to my car, you ask why I don't list the sh*t I've done? What the f***?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowrofl.gif

I never made a build thread. Nobody really made build threads back when the site was started. I guess you'll have to go back and search my username if you're so inclined to find all the threads where I show the things I've done to my car. I think you'll find a lot of those threads are so old they're gone. Do you want pics? Here's one from '03:

9451240a6786977.jpg

Here are a couple from '04:

9451240c03b8c94.jpg

9451240c03a4d4e.jpg

Does that make you happy? Do I need to show you how I reassembled it all? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

You were a prick to Barnes in this thread, a prick to me about the oilpan gasket, a prick to G when he questioned you about your bearings or fuel pump filter, etc, etc. I could go on. You're just a prick. So I said something and now you're butthurt about it. Get over yourself.

Last edited:

prove_it

Hey that trans looks like mine did a few months ago... good 'ol first gear.

ade

that looks legit. gst u know your sh*t and wop knows his sh*t, cant we all just know our sh*t together?

5OF2k

ThisThreadDelivers.jpg

3192435737_6d81f4bb88.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited:

ade

23986014.jpg

ok im done.

5OF2k

lollerskates!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

roflcopter!!

G

Staff member
Dam wopper that engine bay is clean /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif Come clean mine.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts