The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Call me crazy: Thinking of running 19in wheels

cheekychimp

Quoting turbowop:
Quoting FCR:
img.php
[/url]

Great pic as you can see how much better 17's look on a GVR4 by looking at the white one. Those 19's are waytoofucking big, IMO.

Mark,

Didn't you have big Speedline rims on 1051 at one point?

Paul.

turbowop

No. I had some cheapo ADR 18's back in the day. Then I had some 18" Centerlines. I grew up and realized 17's are where it's at for both performance and aesthetics.

Waaaay back in '01 or so:

Then around '04:

And then with the most recent 5zigen 17's:

Finding these pics caused me to notice the gas prices back in '03: Whoa...

Last edited:

asmo

What suspension was on it in that 01 pic, that drop is hot.

bazeng

FYI

Silver VR4 - 17" BBS rims
White VR4 - 17" Work I think rims????
Green / Black AMG - 18" Racing Hart rims

IMO 18's look great on the Galant as the Galants are quite large in size and 17's look tiny on them. As for 19's, I have had a set on them and yes they look big and it can be pulled off if the wheel suits the car.

turbowop

Quoting asmo:
What suspension was on it in that 01 pic, that drop is hot.

Eibach Sportline springs on stock shocks. Rode like sh*t and hit the bumpstops constantly. I wouldn't suggest it. All other pics are with Tein HA's.

JB

I'm with you Bazeng. 18's look great on these cars.

alansupra94

On the ropes about this. Maybe if the guy knocks the price down a bit more, I will pull the trigger.

GSX_TC

I think 18's are the perfect size man, 17's are nice and everything buy in order to get that stance you need lower it a bit more with 17's. Anyways here are some pics of my VR4 with some 18x7.5 TIG 1's with 225/40's and it's lowered with kyb agx's in the rear with gr2's in the front with eibach sportlines all round. Hope this helps out making your decision. 19's would look fine as long as it's a good style rim with a decent ride height. What makes them look "too big" is ugly style rim choice without even lowering it.

mhgbj5.jpg

169hv69.jpg

turbowop

Sweet negative rear camber. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif I bet that hits bumpstops constantly. I know, because mine did ten years ago. "Stance" is stupid unless it follows proper function. The above car does not.

Last edited:

GSX_TC

Actually it rides Kinda stiff and doesn't hit the bump stops. It scratches a lil bit over bumps though. I can even soften the rears but I like then on the 8 setting. Does what it's supposed to do, handles great. You sir have lots of negative comments.

turbowop

I'm just stating fact. I bet that in the front you have about 1/4" between the bumpstop and the strut body. I know from experience. If you feel I'm abrasive by telling it like it is, then perhaps you should grow some thicker skin.

GSX_TC

Well being in the marines a few years now and going thru some pretty crazy sh*t has certainly made me grow thick skin that's for sure. I just don't like when people dont have nice things to say ya know. I tend to not say negative stuff but rather encourage people or help out in any way I can. But anyways yeah man the car rides great and handles great too. I love it. Just wish they made AGX's for the fronts haha

SmoothCustomer

Eh? The front struts are the same as for a dsm. Any t/e/l AGXs will fit in the front, even FWD ones if I recall correctly.

SouthCaliVR4

Uhhh... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gifThey do make agx's for the front. I have em in mine.

GSX_TC

Dam I didn't know that! The same ones as the back? With the 8 level adjustability?

turbowop

Quoting GSX_TC:
Well being in the marines a few years now and going thru some pretty crazy sh*t has certainly made me grow thick skin that's for sure. I just don't like when people dont have nice things to say ya know. I tend to not say negative stuff but rather encourage people or help out in any way I can. But anyways yeah man the car rides great and handles great too. I love it. Just wish they made AGX's for the fronts haha

And I try to steer people away from horrible setups, yanno, like Eibach Sportlines on AGX's. I guess "rides great and handles great" is relative. Maybe you're comparing that to a wagon from the 1860's...I dunno. You're not helping out if you encourage people to get a bad suspension setup. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif You obviously don't know what you're talking about since you didn't even realize AGX's could be had for the fronts of these cars. And looking at the rear camber on your car makes it obvious that it hasn't had an alignment...so please share with me how you think it handles so well, when it obviously hasn't been setup correctly.

Last edited:

PreskitVR4

Mark is right, my AGX/Sportline bits on 18's rides like poopoo, rubs everywhere, and is constantly on the bumpstops. Looks great sitting in the garage though. Dont focus on thr precived negativity, look at what hes trying to tell you. its good advice

KiNgMaRtY

Here is a picture of when I had 18's with 225/40/18's on 611 on H&R Springs and Koni's. Rode great, no bottoming out, no rubbing. All in all 17's do feel better in terms of less roll for better handling

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned