The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Call me crazy: Thinking of running 19in wheels

alansupra94

Now before you go on calling me a ricer blah blah blah. I wanted to hear what everyone thinks of me running 19in wheels/tires on my Galant? I have a winter beater set of ASA 18in 18x7.5 w/ Blizzack 225/45/18 combo that fits really well. Not in bad shape but I don't want to waste blizzacks during the summer considering that they are pretty expensive and actually are killer in the snow.

I found a guy selling a set of Racinghart C4. They look nice and /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif matches my supra since it has Racinghart C4Rs on it right now.

The wheels are 19x7 (Not 100% on that) with 215/35/19 tires and wierdly enough would be SMALLER diameter wise (about an inch less).

So what do you guys think? Yay or nay? I figured for the price and the fact it matches the poopra, it would be pretty nice. I also would recondition the wheels and paint the inners possibly a gunmetal gray (like my poopra /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif)

boostedinaz

Okay, you're crazy.

I think they'll look like crap. Older cars, especially those with smaller wheels wells and boxier designes, don't look right with large wheels.

alansupra94

See I thought that too and then I ran HRE 16in wheels and I just didn't like it.

I would try and find some member rides with larger wheels but photobucket is blocked at work.

boostedinaz

I remember a car with 18" FNO1R from San Fran and they already looked a bit weird I couldn't imagine another inch. I think 17s with the right side wall height are perfect for these cars. Of course personal taste coem into to play as well. If you think they look then run 'em.

I will admit I really want to see them on a car.

524of1000

I'd have to see it to make an educated decision /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

2of9

No. I remember seeing a picture of someone's GVR4 having on 18s...didn't look right in my eyes. It looked goofy. It's probably best to put it on your Supra...but I'd go staggered fitment on those for the Supra. 285s in the rear at least /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

alansupra94

^^^^^^

I already have Racinghart C4Rs on my supra. 19x9 and 19x11. Sport PS2 tires. I just have some small things to fix on them.

So no one is supporting this idea? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

alansupra94

IMG_20110302_072052.jpg

IMG_20110302_072100.jpg

IMG_20110302_072106.jpg

See I like the look! Besides the car being a bit taller in the air (will be fixed with some coilovers sometimes soon)

SouthCaliVR4

A 215/35 is a rim & side wall killer. unless you have some really nice roads there you'll take out tires & probably a rim just hitting a pothole. It's your money so do what you want but I'd be about putting more rubber to the road than more rim.

alansupra94

^^^^^

Yeah I was thinking about that. I mean don't see many potholes on the road but at the same time I know it will not take much to hurt the rim. I could go with a 215/40/19 tire and that MAY help but at that point it is not going to be really worth it.

I just thought it might be cool to match the tires with my supra /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I will be in contact with the guy. I mean the wheels need quite a bit of polishing and painting. Maybe if he moves down on his price I might consider this.

bobdole

Those are RH not Racing Hart. They are a 19 7.5. Should be a 42 offset also. I use to be a dealer of RH and Racing Hart.

alansupra94

There is a difference between RH and Racinghart? I mean I know 100% the ones that I have on my supra are Racinghart 3-piece wheels.

bobdole

They are two different wheels. One made in Japan and one not. Also I had the Racing Hart C4 3pc on my Supra back in the day, but they only offered 19 8.5 F and 19 10.0 R. Didn't know they made a 19 11.0

alansupra94

So its basically like the difference between us and DSMs. I thought they were 19x11, I have to go check that out now. I haven't checked in awhile.

Now that I think about it, maybe I should get something else. Thanks for the advice guys.

FCR

My car back in the day with RH Pro J5 19 x 8 with 235/35/19 i use those for like 2 month because my friend give them to me and then i sold them and get the volks...

IncorpoRatedX

it's not chrome 20's, so just do it. not worth making a thread about it if you're just 'thinking about it'

turbowop

Quoting FCR:
img.php
[/url]

Great pic as you can see how much better 17's look on a GVR4 by looking at the white one. Those 19's are waytoofucking big, IMO.

alansupra94

Quoting Alpha Male:
it's not chrome 20's, so just do it. not worth making a thread about it if you're just 'thinking about it'

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I would think the best time to get advice is before doing it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

boostedinaz

Quoting turbowop:

Great pic as you can see how much better 17's look on a GVR4 by looking at the white one. Those 19's are waytoofucking big, IMO.

Agreed. Looked just like I envisioned....not that great.

PreskitVR4

I have to admit, i am kinda done with my 18s. i like my evo viii's on the car more and more, and i have bronze Volk CE28n. 3/1000 has the same wheels, looks better cuz hes running 17's. Hey, anyone want my Volks!?

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned