The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Brakes Replacement Pads/Rotors reccomendations?

Front rotors are warped on the GVR4, and looking at some replacements.

Trying to not spend a lot of money.

What about these rotors?
click
Or just go for the standard brembo blanks?
click

Pad ideas?

What is everybody running?

raptorWagon

If you aren't trying to spend a lot then I would recommend the rotors off Rockauto.com, can't beat their prices. I know these haven been mentioned in several similar threads before. Just make sure you get the 10.86" rotors for the fronts (for our 2 pot calipers).

pads:
Some searching before hand would have answered either of these questions.

Anyway, most here have recommended the Porterfield R4S pads.

Chim55117

I run NAPA Adaptive One pads on my VR-4 without any problems. They're NAPA's premium ceramic pads, great performance for the price.

Is there a way to make sure the pads are for the dual pistons?

Where is the best place to buy the porterfields?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dialcaliper

Try Road Race Engineering. They carry the porterfield R-4S pads, and are also familiar enough with VR-4's to know which parts you're looking for.

Plain rotors work just fine as long as they are decent quality (Rock Auto carries some decent brands for cheap). Unless you're using race compounds, slotted rotors are of questionable benefit for most modern metallic and ceramic brake pads, and they shorten pad life slightly.

The only difference between, for example, Brembo blanks and the "performance" slotted and coated versions is exactly that - they start from the same rotor.

The centric rotors are pretty good - the reason they cost a bit more is because they have anticorrosion coating, whereas the Brembo blanks do not

All in all, a rotor is just a chunk of cast-iron - the only thing that truly matters is that they are machined to a decent tolerance and balanced. Everything else is just gravy.

Last edited:

belize1334

Stock rotors and KVR pads. The KVRs aren't as good as R4-S but they'll stand up to autocross and they'll definitely handle street driving. link

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned