The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What Brake Rotors?

2of9

i was also looking into these also. I think i will have to get the Brembo OE rotors for mine. I was thinking about gettin crossed rotors for the street...but i will wait till i go 5 lug conversion before i do anything big.

4thStroke

I have seen poor results from Powerslots in the past (warped in a very short time after some entertaining driving).

Ive had good personal experience with slotted Stoptech rotors (lots of agressive driving and no warping or cracking), but Im not sure if they are available for our cars.

Even factory drilled rotors can crack, ever look at the massive rotors on Lambos? Ive seen a few with a lot of hairlines.

It has to do with the way the rotors are made, the actual drilling process into a blank rotor is what will cause a rotor to crack. Some manufacturers use a different "drilling" method.

Its best to buy a good name brand rotor rather than spending the money on holes and slots. Ive had good luck with blanks before, they were a reputable brand. Ive seen drilled and slotted rotors go bad in no time.

Last edited:

I can still do kits for the VR4, it's in essence the same thing as a 1G. Four lug..five lug...doesn't matter.

Sorry, don't know what happened to my former account, needed a new name I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

JDM_DSM

Quoting GeorgeBillings:
click

I found this. Has anyone bought rotors from them before?

What size are the stock rotors?

If you're looking at the Brembos on there they're not the right ones. Stock should be 276mm. Those are for non VR-4 Galants. Brembo# 25880 is what you want.

GeorgeBillings

Quoting Ted Andkilde:
The Raybestos PG plus rotors have been Brembos in the past, $28 apiece from RockAuto, there's a sticky somewhere on the site for a discount code as well.

Slotted or drilled rotors are pointless rice on a street car.

Cheers, Ted

Are these confirmed.

I want to order a front set now. Just don't want to have to order something twice.

GeorgeBillings

Anyone try the ebay special?

click

G

Staff member
Quoting JDM_DSM:
Quoting GeorgeBillings:
click

I found this. Has anyone bought rotors from them before?

What size are the stock rotors?

If you're looking at the Brembos on there they're not the right ones. Stock should be 276mm. Those are for non VR-4 Galants. Brembo# 25880 is what you want.

I was just looking in an old brembo catalog and that is the right # if you can find them. Front 25880 rear 25165.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned