The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

brake lights always on after pedal swap (resolved)

tektic

I swaped an auto set for manual DSM pedals. I used all the stock plugs. The rear lights are on as soon as I put the battery on. Anone ever run in to this issue?

Resolution: I connected a 2 pin conector to a switch that was on my clutch pedal. This connection is not to be used.
Thanks toybraker for the pm

Last edited:

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
You need to check the settings of your brake light switch. Likely needs adjustment.

Fish

I had this problem with my base model, the piece on the pedal arm that pushes against the brake pedal switch fell out. I used a panel clip in its place. Or the switch may need adjustment as iceman said.

tektic

It doesn't seem broken. Maybe I used the wrong switch? There's one screwed into the bottom of the clutch pedal that doesn't have a wire any more. I don't remember what was what I did this all a year ago. What color is the brake switch? Mine is black.

Fish

Both switches are black, the clutch pedal switch is square with a 2 wire connector and the brake pedal switch is round with 4 or 5 wires, I couldn't tell in the dark.

tektic

I'm really confused now. I pulled the 4 pin connector out of the brake switch and the lights stayed on. I pulled the 2 pin connector from the clutch switch and the lights went out.

I'm too hung over to hang out upside down under my dashboard to figure this out right now.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned