The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Boost 0.49?

Sorry just got off work late late day I am off tomorrow will go through it and post pic of setup and see if maybe its just a hose or bcs, one thing jumped on highway to see what it boost at tonight and hit 0.52

okay so i blew into both sides of the bcs and no air either way and i have a pic to help a little everything looks correct besides how bcs is connected, and i know my art skills suck lol, and per diagram its has T offs in correct locations and vacuum lines correct is there something im missing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

did u used original bov??u try 2 change it first,and then see the responed...

ktmrider

Quoting 1025vr4:
okay so i blew into both sides of the bcs and no air either way and i have a pic to help a little everything looks correct besides how bcs is connected, and i know my art skills suck lol, and per diagram its has T offs in correct locations and vacuum lines correct is there something im missing

If you cannot blow thru the BCS then it's closed. Like mentioned this means you are running on WG springs pressure only which is about 7-8psi or what you are seeing on your boost gauge.

Since I'm not 100% sure how the BCS works when the car is off ( default closed/open with no power ) check it again with the car idling. If you still can't blow thru it then it's either bad or the ECU driver isn't working. Worst case get a MBC and bypass the stock BCS like most people do, just make sure you don't get crazy and bump the boost up w/o a tune or support for it.

The diagram for the hose routing looks good. Edit, on second thought there should not be two "T" fittings for a stock setup only one. Here is a pic that shows it better:
img.php

Last edited:

Okay so I'm gonna try a mbc at this point and just set it for 10lbs now would I just hook it exactly where the bcs is or does it go from other hoses

In the vacuum diagram posted above, you can see that the turbo has one vac line coming from it that goes to a tee fitting. On the tee fitting the one side goes to the wastegate actuator. Remove the tee fitting and use these two lines for the mbc. Unplug the vac line coming from the back side of the mass air flow and cap it. Now you can set aside the bcs, as both ends of it should no longer be attached to anything.

Well bought a hallman pro last night so should be here in a few days and what about all the other lines how should I run them sorry if I misunderstood

And what I mean is the other t off goes to lower ic pipe and those; its 2 different diagrams so little confusing

Pm'd

You're right. Its been so long since I had stock piping that I forgot about the second tee. All you need is a boost source for the mbc. Either from the I/C pipe or turbo. Or you could run lines and a tee that connect both sources together, then tee'd of to the mbc. Either way will work. Just be sure to cap off any unused ports.

sorry shipping was delayed or something hooked up hallman, no change at all flip hoses maybe that and still no go have hooked up from hallman to turbo and hallman to wg, and again car is stock /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned