The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

boost controller source?

4doorboost

so i have been searching and it looks like the stock car has the source from the j pipe right after the turbo. some people however use the port on the front side of the intake manifold for the boost controller source. does it make a difference. i thought that the once closer to the turbo would be better since its closer to the turbo and it would take less vac line. what do u guys think?

Diego

I pull a vac source from both places.... one from the "j" pipe and one from "P" on the intake port....

P has an excellent source of getting to your vac source.. but both are good... i just use both as that is how it was hooked up in the beginning of owning 1309...

Dark_Horse

I'd mount the boost controller between the port on the J-pipe and the wastegate. Only thing I've ever used the P port for is to run a boost gauge.

Or, if you've got DSMlink, hook the stock boost solenoid back up that goes on the MAF and run a boost pill & use the DSMlink to control boost.

Last edited:

Diego

I dont run link... maybe you can elaborate on this "boost-pill"

4doorboost

ok cause i have a big 16g with a new j pipe and it doesnt have a nipple. i run it from the (p) intake and i get a little boost spike so i figured i would tap a nipple into the j pipe and go from there.

Dark_Horse

Quoting Diego:
I dont run link... maybe you can elaborate on this "boost-pill"

Boost pill is basically an inline restrictor with a defined opening (in DSMlink case, the boost pill opening is 0.025"). You use the stock boost solenoid line. Top port goes to the MAF and the bottom port goes into a T-fitting between the J-pipe and the WG. From there, DSMlink can control your boost.

click
click

If you already have DSMlink and your stock solenoid...For the price of a 0.025" welding tip ($7 from Lowes), you can get rid of your MBC and have DSMlink control boost for you. Allows you to do gear based boost.

Last edited:

14u2nV

Here is where mine is run:

img.php

4doorboost

thats exactly how i run mine, i was wondering if its better to run it this way or off the j pipe, cause new turbos actually t in off the compressor housing. i figured it would just be a quicker spool and would hold better going from the j pipe to actuator with the mbc in between.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned