The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

bolt for the o2

Brunoboy

on the o2 housing it has three bolts and one stud, The new turbo I bought has no stud, is there a place to get one? or has anyone done it a different way? I need to get the car assembled so if anyone has ideas thatd be great. thanks
-Shane

Brunoboy

Does anyone know where to get a stud like this?
click

rdomeck

The stud does not have to have an unthreaded section in the middle. If you had a bolt with enough threads you could cut that head off and use it as a stud! The best way would be to find the right stud, but it sounds like your trying to get this together right now.

Brunoboy

the mani to turbo bolts share the same thread but i have no way of cutting it up. any other ideas?

Diego

Say F the stud and just buy some bolts at HomeDepot, I just did.

Brunoboy

i cant seem to fit the bolt in that small ass crevice.

rdomeck

You don't have a way of cutting a bolt? Hack saw? Put a nut on it first, cut the bolt and back the nut off to clean up the threads! I believe the stud thread pitch is 10X1.25 You will find the normal thread for a 10mm is 1.5 You can sometimes find the 1.25 at PepBoyz! Good luck and if you don't have a hack saw and a vise....Go buy one now!

Brunoboy

i will get to that, thanks very much for the suggestions.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned