The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Bilstein Touring Comfort struts

ktmrider

Had EVO8 springs on GR2 KYB's installed for over a year now on the G ride.

As most others with this combo mention the GR2's are waaaay underdamped for even the small spring rate increase of the EVO coils.

Bought some used Bilstein TC's from Nate Crisman's website and installed them today. The TC's are about 15% "stiffer" than GR2's and so far seem very well matched to the EVO spring rates. Boingers, one coil cut from the fronts, stock rear, installed 3/8" body to tophat shim. Car has IMHO a perfect ride height with the rear a tad taller than the front.

The shims are made for 02-07 Scoobaru Legacy, I have a set on my LGT and found they fit PERFECTLY on the rear. This is a way better method to raise the butt end, the 3/8" models did not have any problem grabbing threads either ( stock tophat studs are quite long ). Here is a link to the shim website, again use the rear Legacy items: click

Price wise, they fall right between the GR2 and AGX costs ( around $240 shipped for all 4 as I found ).

Great option for those "old azz" guys like me who want to run stiffer coils but not abuse the kidneys.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

GVR-4

I'm in that old guy category too. I have EVO MR Bilsteins and stock EVO springs. The ride improved dramatically when I went to 215 50 17 tires from 215 45 17 due to the taller sidewall, which matches the sidewall height of the stock EVO tires. Post some pics.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned