The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Bilstein HDs

ken inn

Quoting idreamidrive:
I have a Bilstein dealer in the US looking for 34-050392 right now.

i posted this on one of the other threads. way back when, i got a set made by bilstein for the vr4 out of europe, where they had stock. the company i worked for was a big bilstein distributor, and i knew a couple of the reps very well. one of them got me a set from europe. of course, the tops of the front struts have to be cut off, then a hole drilled in the bottom of the strut. a screw goes in there to hold the insert in the tube. i always thought they were too stiff, and i sold them to howard draper. i also had a set of tein ha coilovers. the tiens were awesome. made the car handle so well, i felt like i could chase porsches. but i had the stock 15" wagonwheels on the car, which i really liked, and the tiens needed a lot more tire that a 15" could deliver. i then got a set of koni's, and at full soft, i thought they were the best. car was a daily driver. bilstein keeps very good records, if someone can be convinced to do some digging, i am sure they can get the specs out of europe. i had a similar encounter with recaro. i wanted adapter brackets so i could bolt in a set of recaros. again, because of the company i worked for, they found what they thought might work, out of europe. but i would have to pay for it in advance, and there was no guarantee it was correct. i eventually found a guy in japan who sent me the recaro adapter brackets from a jdm vr4 which bolted right in. they even had the recaro part number on it. i then tried to organize a group buy, forced performance looked at them, and i would take them out, and let them repro them. i think the price was like 100 bucks each, but no one here was interested, so they are probably still in the car, 153/2000, wherever it now lives. killer seats. i got a set of jdm recaros off ebay that were in an evo. since they came from a rhd car, the left one was in pristine condition. the right one stunk badly with body odor, took me forever to get it clean. i guess rally drivers dont bathe. drew newton was the guy who bought my old car, he used to live in houston.

thomcasey

Google Chrome does. Open it in chrome and let it translate it for you

belize1334

Quoting tektic:
Does anyone read French?
click

Awesome find. It might even be worth buying a few sets and hauling them back to the states in my luggage. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any international shipping, even to the UK, let alone to the US...

tektic

I couldn't get everything to translate. It wouldn't accept my zip code for shipping. I guess this was because international wasn't offered? I couldn't tell if they were inserts or full fit struts.

belize1334

Definitely inserts. Similar to the 3000gt units but designed for GVR4/DSM.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned