The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

B16g

EfiniX

Quoting coyotes:
I'll take that holset off your hands. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

The HX35 belongs to EHMotorsports. He's the one putting together the block and head from BogusSVO and dropping it all back in my car. I'm pretty sure he's going to have a 16g that leaks oil available soon, thought...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

And thanks for the update, Evan.

Last edited:

EHmotorsports

haha ya I guess Ebay 16g's cant handle 25psi for 3 years hahaha.

coyotes

Yes, I saw your car in the shop when I had him check out my galant before I purchased it. He's a good guy, but wouldn't let me take home some goodies off your car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

EfiniX

I bring him coffee every time I see him during the week, and craft beer every time I see him on the weekend, so that's what you'll have to compete with if you want to scoff parts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

EfiniX

Quoting EHmotorsports:
haha ya I guess Ebay 16g's cant handle 25psi for 3 years hahaha.

Given that I've got a .60 t3 t04, I'm kinda impressed I was getting 20psi @ 4200 RPM's. Hopfully it will come down into the high 3000's with the racing manifold, porting and cams.

And hopefully I can get some more psi with working fuel injectors!

coyotes

Sounds like true love to me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

and no ebay 16gs for me though!

CutlassJim

Quoting EfiniX:
Given that I've got a .60 t3 t04, I'm kinda impressed I was getting 20psi @ 4200 RPM's. Hopfully it will come down into the high 3000's with the racing manifold, porting and cams.

And hopefully I can get some more psi with working fuel injectors!

A racing manifold(?) and cams will probably raise your boost threshold not lower it.

EHmotorsports

Ya all the major boost leaks I fixed will lower it. Those other components will hinder.

tektic

For what its worth my upgrade plan is to swap out the impeller on a 14b to a mitsubishi 20g or similar size but keep the tdo5 turbine in the ported 7cm housing. This is all after I play with my 16g for a little while. I don't want any more lag than that. too much traffic top end in NY. I'd rather have the quickness to get around it.

EfiniX

Quoting EHmotorsports:
Ya all the major boost leaks I fixed will lower it. Those other components will hinder.

So yeah, tons of boost leaks fixed. That's going to help. Ported intake and exhaust. That should help. Racing manifold... That certainly helps with lag , doesn't it? I know the cams are going to push the threshold up, but I'm hoping my net is an improvement in that the threshold goes up a little, but the improvement in the terrible lag I had more then makes up for it.

Fortunately when I build boost is ultimately immaterial to me as I'm not racing. Evan is doing great work on the motor and it will be as good as it can be when it's back together!

I'll update everyone in the build thread

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned