The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Fidanza CV shafts, Worth the upgrade?

BlitzVR4

Has anyone upgraded their CV shafts with the Fidanza's? I need new CV shafts and was wondering if I should just buy the Fidanza's instead of the ones that are remanufactured. Right now I have a b16g turbo. I plan on going with a FP 3052.

I wouldn't buy remans. If you have to replace the original ones pick up some new shafts from an auto parts store. I work at an o'reillys and i can tell you the remanufactured cv shafts we sell are junk straight up. The new ones however seem to hold up pretty well. If your thinking about upgrading check out "the drive shaft shop" click

Last edited by a moderator:

raptorWagon

Oh I think Jonas knows DSS pretty well already, but stock front axles should be fine. There are guys in dsms running low 9s high 8s with stock front CV shafts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlitzVR4

I may just go a head and go with the Fidanza's. DSS are a little more money than I want to spend. I still have the drive shaft that still sitting in my garage. Hopefully I can get her back on the road soon.

turbofonz

Tried looking at Raxles.com?

BlitzVR4

Extreme PSI sells them for 224 each. I just ordered ones from a local parts dealer. $96 for each. Suppose to be brand new. We will see. Plus I just place an order for some BC Coilovers. Should be in in 2 to 3 weeks.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned