The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Anyone got roof racks?

MitsuDriver274

Quoting gtluke:
549719449_TZQL9-XL-1.jpg

Kinda off topic but are those fd rims?

mitsuturbo

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wgaf.gif Topic sucked anyway. I'm happy to see this thread hijacked.

Last edited:

turbowop

Quoting Jesse_W:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Are you the type that wears sunglasses in a bar...at night? Yanno, for the style?

dsm10o0

You have a ski rack on your car but how many time do you actually use it a year? The rest of the time it's only there for looks too right? I don't get why you come in here and start bashing on my sh*t even if it's only "FOR STYLE" I personally like the look with it on. Everyone has their own opinion.

turbowop

I use my ski rack weekly, up to three times in one week throughout the winter. During the summer I pull off the ski carriers but leave the rest on since it's a pain in my ass to remove them and swap out the trim that covers the rails. Even then I put them back on for trips to Mt. Hood during the summer months as well. Like hell if it's only on there for looks at any point during the year. You don't see one on my other car do you? Try again.

Last edited:

mitsuturbo

I had one on 555 when i got it.

Sold it.

I ski, and there's a hole in the back seat that will accommodate skis just fine. I can't see myself really ever getting into snowboarding enough to buy a board, so i just could not see a reason to keep the thing. It's one of those things that's nice if you use it, but otherwise I find them hideous.

turbowop

The hole in the backseat isn't big enough to fit my skis, let alone a couple pair of them.

I'll add this. Just having the towers and bars isn't a horrible thing. But when you start talking about adding bike or ski attachments and you don't do either of those sports, that is the true definition of poser.

dsm10o0

I actually own a bike and skis as a matter of fact, but both aren't used that often.

mitsuturbo

Quoting turbowop:
The hole in the backseat isn't big enough to fit my skis, let alone a couple pair of them.

I'll add this. Just having the towers and bars isn't a horrible thing. But when you start talking about adding bike or ski attachments and you don't do either of those sports, that is the true definition of poser.

Installing a roof rack that does not get used, is the same to me as a Fox racing sticker in the back window of some Jetta belonging to a chick who has never even been on a bike.

turbowop

If somebody buys a car that already has the towers/bars, and they leave them on, I don't give a sh*t. So yeah, I agree that adding that sh*t to the car for the look is ridiculous.

turbowop

Quoting dsm10o0:
I actually own a bike and skis as a matter of fact, but both aren't used that often.

That doesn't change the fact that you say you added that sh*t for style, which is ghey. I srsly hope you actually use it to haul a pair of those skis. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

quicktsi

Any up close shots of how the feet of the rack attach to the roof. I kept the rack from Frontier and trying to figure out how I can mount it.

jnava

Staff member
I've noticed these cars before but didn't quite pay attention to them. So yall are saying that rust is in? Damn.

mitsuturbo

WTF? Rusty unpainted hoods is a "thing" now?

I've not seen this. I don't think i care to. Stupid. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned