The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

any one have stripped interior pics?

I'm thinking about stripping the interior to loose some weight and would like to see some pics of it done thanks.

Lonewolf64

Is this a street car? Please, there aren't that many vr4s around, so try to keep it in one piece. Go pick up a cheap 1g if you want to strip an interior and loose some weight. In fact, they are about 200lbs lighter to begin with.

Brianawd

Don't strip it. The cars a getting more and more rare.

Flip4G63

If your asking for pictures of a gutted car dont do it its not for you.

Gutting a car is ugly and very loud. not something you want to do for a DD or something that sees more street use than track time.

If you do end up doing this KEEP IT ALL selling a gutted car is FTL no one wants that they want a rare GVR4 in good condition.

atc250r

Staff member
What will gutting the interior down to the sheetmetal gain you over just pulling the passenger and rear seats? Maybe 50 or 100lbs? Probably not even that much. So for one tenth at the track you're going to be driving around inside what is essentially an empty beer can. No thanks.

John

Mark

Quoting derekvr4:
I'm thinking about stripping the interior to loose some weight and would like to see some pics of it done thanks.

if anything take out the bumper supports, a/c, cruise thinfs you dont need there is a lot more then just interior.

abs delete, aws delete, ac delete and front bumper support is all you should do for weight savings, the abs pump and bumpper support alone should be 100lbs.

slugsgomoo

hood, trunk, bumpers, 4ws, abs, power steering, cruise, superfluous wiring, tools, spare tire, etc all weigh vastly more than any of the interior components.

The only thing i'd consider in the interior would be 89 seatbelts and some non-reclining race seats.

BoostedAWD91

agree with above, get a 1G if u wanna strip it for weight, dont ruin a collector car.
i stripped a Talon before, scrapped all the sound deadening out and everything and it is a real pain!!! There are plenty of 1G's out there that are great for this, not a galant

IncorpoRatedX

Where's the pics of that white one with the enkei rpf01's or whatever...

atc250r

Staff member
Look through the "Pivvay" section of www.shiftedthinking.com and you might find some from when Chris gutted his. I didn't look through it so you'll have to check for yourself.

John

a friend had put the idea in my head, i haven't my hart set on doing it!, it would have be some huge gains, just wanted to see if any one else had done it!

brisvr4

If you really want to strip a car get Clarkson to do it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Watch the section from about the 5 min mark.

Click me!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned