The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

A/C related problem

aalambert

I have a 2000 Galant and the air conditioning started to get pretty weak last summer. I had my dad recharge it. Since then, the car does some weird things that seem to be associated with the AC. Whenever the AC is on, the car will vibrate (pretty violently) in short spurts during acceleration. (I have never driven through them, I've always taken my foot off of the gas and it stops.) Sometimes, a lovely screeching noise will also accompany the vibration.

The vibration will also occur when the car is in park and the fan kicks on, but for maybe less than a second.

Also when the fan kicks on, the RPM jumps and the car will sputter if I've been driving for a long distance (50+ miles). Again, these issues only happen when the AC is on, and after it was recharged.

What could possibly be causing this?
Thank you!

jnava

Staff member
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

FlyingEagle

Staff member
What are the operating pressures?
How much charge was installed (grams/ounces)?

Was this an off the shelf bottle to AC system thing like RedTek?

Or was a proper machine used, following evac and vacuum down period?

Fan/s both operate properly when they are supposed to come on?

Last edited:

FlyingEagle

Staff member
I would consider having a mod move this post to a more appropriate home where we can delve into this more.

theevozero

Quoting FlyingEagle:
What are the operating pressures?
How much charge was installed (grams/ounces)?

Was this an off the shelf bottle to AC system thing like RedTek?

Or was a proper machine used, following evac and vacuum down period?

Fan/s both operate properly when they are supposed to come on?

Also, check the condition and tightness of your belt(s) for your skretching condition.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned