The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

92 Black Galant VR4 (3/1000) - SOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Posten

I would love to see this at a Barret Jackson auction (with a healthy reserve of course), advertise it very well and see how much it pulls.

It would be a great boost for the value of our cars and go a long way to ligitamatizing our choosen rides.

Rausch

Quote:
car is very nice, but you will never get anywhere near 20k for it

you're right it needs a body kit. /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/banghead.gif

thatks for the opinion though....bump for a beautiful and well put together car.
Terry, i agree, it would be nice to see what it would pull, not to mention the stir it might create...harry?

mods can edit/delete this if it's too much. /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/grin.gif

SleepinGVR4

Quote:

Why shouldn't he get $20K for it? It has 3 times that much into it. Who ever would buy this car would get one hell of a deal.

Good luck with the sale Harry.

Lonewolf64

If I had 20k, I would spend it on this vehicle hands down. I'm sure there is at least another person like me except 20k richer.

number3

Quote:

I have a few people that are very interested in buying this icon. This is arguably one of the most influential Galant VR4's in the world.

Over 11 years of USDM Galant VR4 history can be had in this single purchase. How can you put a price on that? It will be one of the hardest thing to do in my life but this car deserves to go to another good home and be loved.

Honestly it is not about the money and deep inside I hope it never sells (even my wife says I am crazy for selling it) but I know someone with the same passion should and will step up and take the keys for another 10+ years and keep the legacy of "number3" alive for me.

BadVr4

more power to you if you can sell it, the car is in amazing shape, i just can't see someone spending that much on a vr4. im not trying to jack your thread, i wish my car was that damn clean. gl with the sale, i'd be sad to see it go if it were mine

Quote:
well said, id have to say that you and your car has also inspired me from the time that i saw it a couple years ago. and im sure it will go to a good home where it will be driven like it should be. fyi no teeagers they crash cars...

Had me laughing...sitting in my garage is a sunroof. This sunroof that I have was bought from TRE. He got it from parting out another Galant legend, that being Rob Mofugas' car (someone once told me the badge number but I cannot recall right now). The reason it was parted out was that Rob sold it to a teenager who had a too close encounter with a tree.

That said, number 1560 had a close encounter with a very old man in a very heavy Chevy Caprice, dead centered at 40 mph on the B pillar on the right side. Had it been the left side no doubt I would not be writing this. Thanks to Harry and a few other fellows on this list we were able to get $8000 from State Farm for a totalled car. NEVER underestimate the value of these cars. It took nearly 6 months of work to restore the body and frame of my car.

Moral of the story - you can sell your car to a teenager and he might total it. Or, you can go to Hawaii and celebrate your 20th wedding anniversary and on the day you come home mid December after two weeks in the sun, and have some old fart who should not be driving run a red light.

Good luck to you Harry!

1badgvr4

Not all teenagers crash cars.Ive had my gvr4 for 2.5 years and never got into an accident and im now 17.

JB

does the buyer get your screen name also?

Mark LaVallee

I have seen this car in person, it is built with quality that a $250,000 streetrod would be proud of. Bump for Harry.

mikus

Quote:
the car is in amazing shape, i just can't see someone spending that much on a vr4

I can't see anyone spending this much on a Grand Prix off the floor either, but people do it all day. That's the way Id look at this - you're pretty much buying a new car.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quote:
Quote:
well said, id have to say that you and your car has also inspired me from the time that i saw it a couple years ago. and im sure it will go to a good home where it will be driven like it should be. fyi no teeagers they crash cars...

Had me laughing...sitting in my garage is a sunroof. This sunroof that I have was bought from TRE. He got it from parting out another Galant legend, that being Rob Mofugas' car (someone once told me the badge number but I cannot recall right now). The reason it was parted out was that Rob sold it to a teenager who had a too close encounter with a tree.

That car was 228/2000, and I have the exhaust from it on my 855/2000.

I've got a few questions because I'm still interested in possibly buying (or at least making an offer) number 3.

Out of all the custom work on this car what made you decide to go with a press bent exhaust over mandrel bent?

And what made you decide to go with a 197 (or is it 194?) core over a 216 FMIC core? Was this a cooling issue since you retained the ac?

And how can the front bumper be fixed? Is it missing a support bar hence the reason it is warped/rippled and not flat all the way around under the headlights?

Thanks

number3

Good question.

The car has a pressed bent exhaust because my best friend (in the business for 50 years) owns a custom exhaust shop and made it for me. The car makes over 500 hp with it so...

In fact this is the third one he has made for me over the past 10 years. Each time I changed the turbo/manifold the exhaust needed to be remade. The 3" bend that makes up the downpipe is mandrel bent piece and that is where it really counts. The pressure that comes out of the tailpipe makes your pant legs flap at 6 feet so I doubt there is problem.

I picked that Spearco core because it was the width, height and the tickness I wanted and had very low pressure drop for the T3/T4 combo on the car. I also wanted to see the polished endtanks I made when peering through the front cover. The height allows for the bumper cover to be pushed up. To answer you last question a foam fill peice can be sat on the IC to push the bumper cover up to make it perfect, if you so choose.

If you want to remove the steel bumper that is left over and cut your own the sale comes with a untouched steel bumper.

I hope that answers your questions.

turbowop

/ubbthreads/images//graemlins/ooo.gif Harry, you're crazy, but good luck anyway. Srsly, gorgeous car. /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/worthy.gif

number3

More photos added.

I had a couple real nice guys stop by to check out number3 and they seemed very pleased with what they saw.

Last edited:

TWEAKD4

Quote:
I had a couple real nice guys stop by to check out number3 and they seemed very pleased with what they saw.

I don't know who wouldn't. In my opinion you are giving it a way for that price and I would be at your door in a heart beat if I had the money. It belongs in a museum and you deserve the credit in building the ultimate GVR4 of all time. It will be a sad day when it leaves your possession.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned