The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

89 center tailight section?

Finally, done and done. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif The first pic shows the top/side mounting hole that the '89 mounting post didn't want to go through, and how my attempts to "persuade" it started to chew up the metal. I cut the bottom out w/the Dremel and then used the grinding bit to shape/smooth it. I dug through my misc. parts bin until I found some washers that would fit over the mounting post (the plastic, not just the stud) against the trunk lid sheetmetal, and then stacked another washer on top for the nut to seat against. If I ever go back to stock a similar setup can be used to hold the original lights on.

There's still a small gap between the top of the taillight housing and the bottom of the trunk lid trim, suggesting yet another difference between '89 trunk lids and up. You don't really notice it unless you're looking pretty closely at it, though. I wish I'd known all this beforehand; it would have turned a multi-hour cuss-fest into a 30 min. job.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned